Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Rescuing

Talk therapy can help but at times less cognitive treatments are required. Anything related to ANY form of therapy goes here.
Joanna 2

Rescuing

Post by Joanna 2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Freedom!
Last edited by Joanna 2 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Rescuing

Post by David » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:44 am

Knowing rescuing well and at the risk of rescuing you =)) =))

Rescuing is one of the 3 apices of the drama triangle. The best site I have seen that describes the drama triangle is: https://www.lynneforrest.com/articles/2 ... -of-victim

As for books, 2 on co-dependency (of which rescuing is a core feature) by Melodie Beattie and Pia Moldy are worth a read. Others that come to mind are complex PTSD by Pete Walker. Anything on complex early life trauma is worth reading as thats where the genesis of this condition resides.

There is the 12 step program Coda.

As for treatment, psychotherapy with a therapist that understands codependency and is willing to share their own journey and what they have done to heal their own wounding. Expect to be in therapy weekly for a few years. Its not a 6 month fix.

Shadow work, psychodrama, mens work, woman's work, body work will all help. To see how powerfully healing body work (work that gets us out of our heads and minds and into our feelings) can be checked out The Work movie.

My own expereince has been there is no quick fix for codependency and rescuing. Persistence and hard work are key. And likely your friend may always be inclined to rescue. Knowing thy self helps.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Professional Coaching / Therapy see http://loverelations.co.uk/limerence

Male 58

Joanna 2

Post by Joanna 2 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:56 am

-
Last edited by Joanna 2 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:41 pm

Women Who Love Too Much by Robin Norwood is another good one.
"How can I believe when this cloud hangs over me, you're the part of me that I don't want to see"-Forget It-Breaking Benjamin