Oxytocin

Talk therapy can help but at times less cognitive treatments are required. Anything related to ANY form of therapy goes here.
JupiterTaco

Oxytocin

Post by JupiterTaco » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:58 am

I've read on here off and on about oxytocin levels and its relation to limerence. According to this book I've been reading called So Stressed; The Ultimate Stress-Relief Plan For Women, elevated oxytocin levels are related to all kinds of problems including higher stress, inability to calm down from stress, more problems in their relationships, friendships and professional lives. Who would've thought that something I hadn't even heard of four years ago could be the cause (or cause and effect) of so many problems. Interesting!
"Can you meet me halfway, can you meet me halfway, can you meet me halfway, can you meet me halfway, can you meet me halfwaaaay?" Meet Me Halfway-Black Eyed Peas

JellyBean

Re: Oxytocin

Post by JellyBean » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:01 am

I've always known it as the cuddle hormone.

One that also helps the mother bond to her child and to help release milk etc, because when you think about it, new borns are ugly - just my opinion... so it's kinda needed.

I also heard babies tend to look like their fathers in the early days (explains a lot) ;) to help the father bond to the child.

It's quite possible the older hormonal woman is likely to experience limerence over the younger generation. Or, getting laid (as you put it in another post JT) could also be another factor.