New Therapist

Talk therapy can help but at times less cognitive treatments are required. Anything related to ANY form of therapy goes here.
David
Site Admin

Re: New Therapist

Post by David » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:02 pm

Degato wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:43 pm
Is Limerence unknown to a lot of therapists?..I'm going to bring it up to a therapist in my next visit, I'd have thought it would be something they would have at least heard of?!?..
Unheard of by about 99%. Most have heard of infatuation - i describe L as infatuation on steroids.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Relationship Coaching, Couples Counselling & Psychotherapy see http://loverelations.co.uk

Aquamarine21

Re: New Therapist

Post by Aquamarine21 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:53 pm

She is helping me a lot, but today I told her that I had to be ready to do the work before I came in and you get out of therapy what you put into it. She mentioned that some clients expect the therapist to be the cure and not do anything but show up. Knowledge is power as well as admitting that there is a problem and wanting to change it for the better. She admires my determination and strength to conquer this and it was really nice to hear that from someone.

She works with couples affected by affairs and only a few don't stay together and work it out. It's too much effort and easier to end it and just walk away. I was surprised to hear this.

I am where I should be. I make progress daily. Sometimes I take a few steps back, get a high and get a low and it reminds me of that pain and that intense longing. Don't want that toxicity in my life anymore.

Today I went to a new organic grocery store. I feel empowered, like if I can overcome this, I can do anything. My mojo is coming back.

Willpower just doesn't work with this. Eventually you just give in. Been there, done that many times. You have to believe in it. You have to really see that LO for who they are, not the fantasy that you created or their false self that they presented to you. All of the bad things they did or said to you that were hurtful were ignored and excused. LO had a bad day, was really busy, isn't really mean and cold like that. When you stop lying to yourself and accept those things about LO, then it gets better. LO lied to me 7 times. LO completely ignored me when I asked if he read the letter, silent treatment for 2 months and afterwards I initiated and apologized to him. Absolute madness. I learned so much about myself from LO.