BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Another Obsession; Human Trafficking Awareness Thread

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Another Obsession; Human Trafficking Awareness Thread

Post by JupiterTaco »

"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

WonkyBrainThe2nd wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:45 pm I saw that too. Yeah, horrifying. My brain can't comprehend how things like paedophile rings exist. You'd think it would be a lone act, like being a serial killer. I can't understand how even just two people can be in some kind of scenario where they meet, admit what they do, and then join forces....let alone forming a whole organised group who capture and inflict extreme cruelty onto children. The world has some very dark corners. :(
Well i suppose its a bit like finding a forum about Limerence or something. One lone pedophile , on the internet stumbling accross a few others and thinking woah, there's more like me.

Serial killers work alone for the thrill i guess. Maybe they can be on forums to exchange some skill specific information murdery stuff :-??
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

He he. Yeah good question. How do people do it? I have your reaction towards animal torture stuff, i cannot. Just cant. Wont.
This stuff idk it doesn't affect me as much. I mean it does disgust me on a level , but im over it. Over exposed in my younger years :-??

How do you other people deal with it?
WonkyBrainThe2nd

Post by WonkyBrainThe2nd »

Idiotic wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:15 pm
Well i suppose its a bit like finding a forum about Limerence or something. One lone pedophile , on the internet stumbling accross a few others and thinking woah, there's more like me.

Serial killers work alone for the thrill i guess. Maybe they can be on forums to exchange some skill specific information murdery stuff :-??
I can see how the internet makes it easier for such groups to form, but they existed way before the internet did. Which means it has to come up in conversation. I just can't wrap my head round that. Maybe they gravitate to each other because they can detect it on a subconscious level. Yeah, I dunno, there's a level of darkness in there I don't understand. I thought serial killers worked alone because they don't want to get caught.
Spinnaker wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:34 pm lalalala %-( Not judging so hopefully not coming across rude.... but... How do you guys keep from having nighmares watching that stuff!?!? My blood pressure goes up every time I read that shit. Maybe it's the parent in me scared shitless about sicko freaks like that.
Apparently true crime has more female than male audiences and I've heard women say that it's a coping thing, like knowing how an extreme predator works and what he looks like, in order to never be a victim of it. I think that's why I watch it but, yep, I have to balance it out by watching something fluffy after and reminding myself there's good in the world too. :o3 I've had bad nightmares all my life and they've not worsened since I started watching those things. But I do keep a golf club by my front door now!
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Idiotic, part of what makes serial killers so successful is their isolation in this aspect of their lives. Even married ones (who actually make up a good chunk of them), have a sort of distance in their marriage that allows them to carry out this other morbid life. Gary Ridgeway, Robert Hansen, Adam Leroy Lane, etc. were all married to wives who claimed they had no idea what they were up to and were apart so much and they didn't suspect anything.

Spinnaker, I can understand your fear but I think if you have the kind of relationship with your kids that is close, that you see who they're interacting with, they're much better off. Predators like that tend to look for kids with poor social and especially poor family ties as they're easily exploited/abused and still can be happy for the attention. Abused, runaway, homeless young people, etc. It's a lot less often that the kids from close families whose parents pay attention to the people in their kids' lives are targeted despite what you see in the movies. :(

Wonky, occasionally people work together but their getting-away-with-it power tends to be way shorter than those who work alone. Someone screws up, or drugs are involved, or whatever I guess. And since people tend to do things in groups that they wouldn't do alone, covering it up can get sloppy, etc. I just have yet to hear about a group of serial murderers that went a long time without getting caught, at least not longer than some loner serial killers I've read about. It's possible but no I haven't seen it...
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

WonkyBrainThe2nd wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:29 pm
Idiotic wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:15 pm

I can see how the internet makes it easier for such groups to form, but they existed way before the internet did. Which means it has to come up in conversation. I just can't wrap my head round that. Maybe they gravitate to each other because they can detect it on a subconscious level. Yeah, I dunno, there's a level of darkness in there I don't understand. I thought serial killers worked alone because they don't want to get caught.
Yeah it is hard to comprehend how two 'respectable' people start a conversation about it. Okay what if they hung out in shady places and then met someone whos into all this.
Getting caught is one reason too yeah... Don't you think admitting to pedophilia is more possible than admitting to being a serial killer.
I guess pedophiles could form groups cos its easier to arrange their supply. But Serial killers, maybe randomness is part of the allure.
Idk thinking like a serial killer is hard.
WonkyBrainThe2nd

Post by WonkyBrainThe2nd »

Idiotic wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:41 am

Yeah it is hard to comprehend how two 'respectable' people start a conversation about it. Okay what if they hung out in shady places and then met someone whos into all this.
Getting caught is one reason too yeah... Don't you think admitting to pedophilia is more possible than admitting to being a serial killer.
I guess pedophiles could form groups cos its easier to arrange their supply. But Serial killers, maybe randomness is part of the allure.
Idk thinking like a serial killer is hard.
Yeah, you're probably right, if you're hanging out in dark circles then you're more likely to bump into someone of a similar mindset. I guess I thought killing and paedophilia were on a par with how they are viewed by society so no one would admit to either. But like JT said, many actually believe it is their "right", so they don't even have any societal shame about it. And yeah, I can see what you say about forming groups makes it easier to get supply. I mean you even get institutions that do it, like the indigenous women in Canada that JT mentioned, many of those were taken into institutions as kids and abused, and everyone involved just covered it up.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

For those who have Netflix, The Traffickers is an interesting show. The Dark Side Of Adoption and The Girl In The Window address human trafficking. I must say I admire this woman, this former Afghan refugee, Nelufar Hedayat, who is going face to face with all of these people. That is truly something...

Knowing she took a trip like that once, that it could've been her, and to go face-to-face with people like that...to stand in front of that trafficker and not react as he talked nonchalantly about locking a Syrian refugee in his car and selling her to a brothel...even though you could tell it affected her. To confront him and tell him that she was one of those people once. And how he retorted that all women refugees are parasites and "sinful bitches". That must've been terrifying.
Last edited by JupiterTaco on Fri May 18, 2018 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »