BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Kenny Suttner Suicide-My New Obsession

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Kenny Suttner Suicide-My New Obsession

Post by JupiterTaco »

Last edited by JupiterTaco on Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Kenny Suttner Suicide-My New Obsession

Post by JupiterTaco »

And another thing; does my obsession with this case mean I'm not getting any better? Does it mean that I've taken a step backwards in my codependency awareness, to think that I or someone else could've saved this kid? I mean I've worked so hard for the past couple or so years to stop taking responsibility for other people's actions. I just really feel that this could've been avoided and should've been. Thanks. :oops:
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Now I've read about this case;

http://www.wcpo.com/longform/emilie-ols ... ld-suicide

She couldn't wear western clothes because she was Asian? Really??? :evil:

Did these kids not know that Asians built many of the railroads across the U.S.? And that they lived in the country while they did it??? :-o Apparently these schools are failing our kids in more ways than one. :roll: Again I ask, why are we putting up with this???
Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 »

I think you have just found your calling.

Bless you JT
Let the weakest stand for the weakest and let that be their strength. If you decide to go down this path, you will have more that the state in which you live behind you - think globally! The support is there.
Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 »

It's time to stamp out bullying, period.

My heart goes out to Kenny Suttner. It was difficult to read your post. My heart goes out to all those who have ever felt there was no one there for them.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Thank you, LF and I agree!
JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux »

JT, I agree that bullying is preventable blemish on our society. It's something that I've thought about for some time.....why some have constitutions that are more vulnerable to bullying than others. Especially when the bullying comes from people with whom the target/victim has no emotional investment. The classic school-associated bullying is something I think most of us understand and the additional bullying from a boss just adds insult to injury. I guess one angle that is less discussed is how bullying in the home (in all of it's overt and covert forms) may cause one to be hyper-sensitized to bullying elsewhere, partially because they feel there to be no escape from all sources of bullying, but also because the home offers no respite and understanding from bullying that may be occurring outside of the home. As L-F suggested, maybe your passion in this area could be put to some good as you are at a cross-roads with your employment plans. A detailed yet good read on how early childhood experiences set one up for a host of maladies later on can be found in the link below....maybe some areas for inspiration even as the magnitude of the problem is sobering. The one table I had a hard time initially comprehending was on page 12, showing that with increasing age of the person being polled, the number of adverse childhood experiences reported declined. The implication was that those who had higher scores had already died. I hope this maybe has something of use for you.

http://www.unnaturalcauses.org/assets/u ... Lanius.pdf
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

JohnDeux wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:49 am JT, I agree that bullying is preventable blemish on our society. It's something that I've thought about for some time.....why some have constitutions that are more vulnerable to bullying than others. Especially when the bullying comes from people with whom the target/victim has no emotional investment. The classic school-associated bullying is something I think most of us understand and the additional bullying from a boss just adds insult to injury. I guess one angle that is less discussed is how bullying in the home (in all of it's overt and covert forms) may cause one to be hyper-sensitized to bullying elsewhere, partially because they feel there to be no escape from all sources of bullying, but also because the home offers no respite and understanding from bullying that may be occurring outside of the home. As L-F suggested, maybe your passion in this area could be put to some good as you are at a cross-roads with your employment plans. A detailed yet good read on how early childhood experiences set one up for a host of maladies later on can be found in the link below....maybe some areas for inspiration even as the magnitude of the problem is sobering. The one table I had a hard time initially comprehending was on page 12, showing that with increasing age of the person being polled, the number of adverse childhood experiences reported declined. The implication was that those who had higher scores had already died. I hope this maybe has something of use for you.

http://www.unnaturalcauses.org/assets/u ... Lanius.pdf
Thanks for the post and link, JD, very interesting reading. This subject makes me think of Sylvia Likens and Jeanette Maples. I found Jeanette’s surviving sister on Facebook a little while back, who had testified against their mother. She’s Kenny’s age and is apparently graduating this year. Under one of her pictures there was a comment that was clearly meant as a joke, it said “that’s not fair, you’re not allowed to graduate and grow up” but it made me sad. Not only because knowing Kenny Suttner is not going to graduate, but this girl’s own sister Jeanette never got to graduate. She didn’t even get to high school. I can’t help wondering if that crossed her mind when she read that comment, how that felt. I’m sure she lives with all of that every single day and I don’t know what that does to her.

As far as Sylvia Likens, her surviving sister Jenny is also interesting to think about when it comes to this subject. She passed away in 2004 and was in her early fifties. Although the majority of abuse and torture the Baniszewskis inflicted was on Sylvia, Jenny was very much abused as well throughout the three months they were staying with the family.

This woman had a hell of a life. She struggled with numerous mental and medical issues for years after her sister’s murder. In a picture of her at Gertrude’s 1985 parole hearing, she looked like she’d been hit by a truck. I can’t imagine what it did to her to have to go and face that woman again after more than a decade away from her but also in front of spectators and reporters and the whole enchilada. I’d imagine both of these women, despite having lived in completely different times, have had similar levels of survivor’s guilt and wonder why they just didn’t stand up for themselves and their sisters.

Even Lauren Kavanaugh, another severe abuse survivor, to this day, blames herself for being unable to run away or stick up for herself against her parents, between ages two and eight! How the heck is a malnourished little kid actually going to defend themselves against two or more adults, let alone run away and actually get away?? Just blows my mind but these are the types of things that go through victims’ minds. It’s not enough that the people who should’ve been protecting them were abusing them instead and putting them at risk. They have to do it to themselves too.

Then there are the Stillman twins, a few years younger than me, which is a whole other subject for another time. That happened in my hometown! They both still engage in self-harm from what I’ve read. They waited years and years to finally discover they deserve better. But yes there are so many of these stories out there it really is sad. What is nice though is to read about these people building lives and building relationships despite their horrid pasts.

And it’s sad to think about how some people live long healthy lives and others are plagued with addiction issues and unhealthy lifestyles that they might’ve adopted to cope with trauma that they were unable to handle on their own. The state of mental health care in this country is a joke. People who have no knowledge of this kind of stuff, they really don’t understand and there’s not a lot of motivation for them to understand. So the cycle continues…

I would love to be a true crime writer. Actually I would love more for it all to just stop but oh well. Thank you guys!
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Last edited by JupiterTaco on Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux »

JupiterTaco wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 am How the heck is a malnourished little kid actually going to defend themselves against two or more adults, let alone run away and actually get away?? Just blows my mind but these are the types of things that go through victims’ minds. It’s not enough that the people who should’ve been protecting them were abusing them instead and putting them at risk. They have to do it to themselves too.
It drives home the importance, psychologically, of how a child comes to identify with and introject "the aggressor". That internalized aggressor generally directs hostility and feelings of worthlessness inward and that child grows up with a sense self-blame and 'badness'. Alternatively, it can become directed outward in often historically tragic ways. When Adolf Hitler was a boy getting beaten by his father, often while his mother stayed outside the bedroom door and did not intervene, he decided finally to simply turn off his feelings: "The Führer once told his secretary that during one of the regular beatings given him by his father he was able to stop crying, to feel nothing, and even to count the thirty-two blows he received."--http://www.naturalchild.org/alice_mille ... itler.html

We often think "How could we (humans) have evolved such terrible mental mechanism that we would repeat our own past abuse?". But we forget the flip-side: When we are treated well, we automatically incorporate that treatment as well and shine that benevolence outward often without even thinking.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz