BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Kenny Suttner Suicide-My New Obsession

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Kenny Suttner Suicide-My New Obsession

Post by JupiterTaco »

JohnDeux wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:16 pm
JupiterTaco wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 am How the heck is a malnourished little kid actually going to defend themselves against two or more adults, let alone run away and actually get away?? Just blows my mind but these are the types of things that go through victims’ minds. It’s not enough that the people who should’ve been protecting them were abusing them instead and putting them at risk. They have to do it to themselves too.
It drives home the importance, psychologically, of how a child comes to identify with and introject "the aggressor". That internalized aggressor generally directs hostility and feelings of worthlessness inward and that child grows up with a sense self-blame and 'badness'. Alternatively, it can become directed outward in often historically tragic ways. When Adolf Hitler was a boy getting beaten by his father, often while his mother stayed outside the bedroom door and did not intervene, he decided finally to simply turn off his feelings: "The Führer once told his secretary that during one of the regular beatings given him by his father he was able to stop crying, to feel nothing, and even to count the thirty-two blows he received."--http://www.naturalchild.org/alice_mille ... itler.html

We often think "How could we (humans) have evolved such terrible mental mechanism that we would repeat our own past abuse?". But we forget the flip-side: When we are treated well, we automatically incorporate that treatment as well and shine that benevolence outward often without even thinking.
Yes that's one thing that gives me faith in humanity, that there is kindness out there. Speaking of, I found his (Kenny's) prom date. She's one of the six or so people out of his whole friend list that have a remembrance photo of him on their main FB pictures right now. I suppose people who are having a harder time dealing with this maybe don't post any for that reason but it does portray the feeling of how alone he must've felt.

Thanks for sharing that about Hitler, I didn't know about that, but it doesn't surprise me. Apparently many of the people who commit violent crimes have life histories like that. Which brings me back to the Jeanette Maples case again. Reading about it, it's the kind of case that would make a normal human being hate Jeanette's mother, Angela McAnulty. But researching into her past, she grew up almost the same way. Her abusive father singled her oldest brother out for the worst abuse when they were growing up (he testified at her trial).

Add to that, her mother was brutally murdered when she was five and her murder was never solved. Her and her mother were really close. Her father was always considered a suspect but it was never solved and he got his kids back and they had to grow up with him. (Angela's mother had left him and taken her kids to a hotel right before she was murdered).
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

OK I'll just tell you all what I wanted to do. I wanted to lobby to push the Healthy Workplace Bill out here and signed up to do it, but haven't heard a word about it. It was introduced in 2006, only has two signatures and apparently hasn't gotten any action since. I really wish that if I can't do it that somebody can, possibly even someone close to Kenny. This is the perfect place to do this with what happened. And you know the coroner and the media and his family have all worked so hard to make this international news that it'd be a shame to just waste this opportunity to change something, especially something that affects my own life so much. I just keep telling myself, if it's meant to be, it'll happen and if not, oh well. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something. Oh no it wouldn't be the first time... :ymsigh:
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 »

Keep pushing JT

Action with a positive outcome - could result in saving lives.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Yeah I'm not even registered to vote out here, silly me, so I'm working on that. I don't know if that even matters but anyway...

I wanted to update that apparently the Suttners stated at one point that they never wanted to imply that they have felt like outsiders in their community and that many neighbors and friends have been there for them since this happened. I'm really glad for that, but does that mean Kenny didn't feel the same way? This kid was ostracized and apparently felt pretty alone, so why should they have to apologize for that? I don't think that would do his parents any good to ignore the fact that this happened and probably because it just happened that nobody was there to stop him.
Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 »

JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:30 am Yeah I'm not even registered to vote out here, silly me, so I'm working on that. I don't know if that even matters but anyway...
???? whaaaaat? like seriously? Whaaaaat? I've never come across a system like this.

Aww man he was ostracized ? Yep, I've had people try and do that to me as well. Thankfully I have thicker skin. But this really pushes my buttons! If we could stop people banning together to push the same agenda then maybe just maybe, the ones who stand on their own might be heard? Gward my heart goes out to him and others.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Limerentfriend wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:08 am
JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:30 am Yeah I'm not even registered to vote out here, silly me, so I'm working on that. I don't know if that even matters but anyway...
???? whaaaaat? like seriously? Whaaaaat? I've never come across a system like this.

Aww man he was ostracized ? Yep, I've had people try and do that to me as well. Thankfully I have thicker skin. But this really pushes my buttons! If we could stop people banning together to push the same agenda then maybe just maybe, the ones who stand on their own might be heard? Gward my heart goes out to him and others.
Well he had a group of friends apparently, I don't know how close they were, but one girl who testified claimed to be his best friend. He has some pictures with female cousins on Facebook and it looked like he was fairly interactive with his mom and aunts and grandmother on there until his last year alive when it seemed he posted a lot less, but yes he was picked on and ostracized more than included in school apparently. Now I'm reading that a couple of teachers were picking on him! :evil:

What I just want to know is, who was he texting and calling all night who didn't get the messages in time??? That's what's just killing me! My heart goes out to him too, and the people who cared about him.
Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 »

I was reflecting on this morning stuff on here regarding bullying and it brought up one of my ex-clients.

She walked into my office with a tear in her eye and gave me a big hug. I was taken back a little because I wasn't expecting to see her again. She looked me square in the face and said "I'm graduating because of you"

Yeah well, I don't take compliments that well, and this was a biggy. I told her that it wasn't me, that she was the one who put in all the hard work. She said "you don't understand, I'm picking up my graduation gown today and it's all thanks to you for believing me"

She was forced to sign a withdrawal form six months out of completing her degree which involved racial bullying by a staff member (on several occasions). Obviously this is not something that is easy to prove, if at all, so I looked at inconsistencies in procedures that were followed. Sometimes you have to look at things from different angles. She passed (obviously) with flying colours.

All it takes to stand up against bullies is one person. Thank you JT for being that one person! Hubby and I are so so proud of you.

And if you think you have an obsession with helping to fight bullying, then that’s a bloody good obsession to have! I look forward to seeing what you uncover.
Information about raicist bullying http://www.antibullying.net/racistinfotwo.htm
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Awww, I'm not there yet, but thank you. I just really wish Kenny could've been saved. I'll read all the links you've posted in a little bit (here and in the other forum we were on). 8-)
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Limerentfriend wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:00 am I was reflecting on this morning stuff on here regarding bullying and it brought up one of my ex-clients.

She walked into my office with a tear in her eye and gave me a big hug. I was taken back a little because I wasn't expecting to see her again. She looked me square in the face and said "I'm graduating because of you"

Yeah well, I don't take compliments that well, and this was a biggy. I told her that it wasn't me, that she was the one who put in all the hard work. She said "you don't understand, I'm picking up my graduation gown today and it's all thanks to you for believing me"

She was forced to sign a withdrawal form six months out of completing her degree which involved racial bullying by a staff member (on several occasions). Obviously this is not something that is easy to prove, if at all, so I looked at inconsistencies in procedures that were followed. Sometimes you have to look at things from different angles. She passed (obviously) with flying colours.

All it takes to stand up against bullies is one person. Thank you JT for being that one person! Hubby and I are so so proud of you.

And if you think you have an obsession with helping to fight bullying, then that’s a bloody good obsession to have! I look forward to seeing what you uncover.
Information about raicist bullying http://www.antibullying.net/racistinfotwo.htm
I just wanted to add, it's good that you do that as part of your work! It can be so isolating to be scapegoated and isolated and alone. I feel like the more it happens to me the harder it is to bounce back. People like you make it easier. As for my obsession, I just wondered why this case rather than the millions of others out there. I guess because it happened here right after I moved out here, IDK. The only other bullying case that affected me this much was the Sylvia Likens case. I could relate quite a bit to her story also. I guess I should've listened to the message then. :)
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I mean now that I've been reading about more of these cases, they're all equally devastating but it took this case for me to start looking at others.