meeting my anima

For many, limerence represents a spiritual crisis or awakening. Read other's experiences here.
Spinnaker

Re: meeting my anima

Post by Spinnaker » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:29 pm

@ David~

Any other books on this subject you've read and highly recommend. I need some good material I can read on the plane for my upcoming trip overseas.

Thanks!
"The biggest secret to limerence is that it has nothing to do with LO."

Limerentfriend :ymhug:
aka L-F

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Im a fan of James Hollis, a Jungian analyst

I liked this book which i reference in my thesis: Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life: How to Finally, Really Grow Up

https://tinyurl.com/y7wwlm6n

where you flying to?
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Coaching see http://loverelations.co.uk/limerence/

Male 57

Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:17 am

Ordered. Thank you for the recommendation David. :-bd
"The biggest secret to limerence is that it has nothing to do with LO."

Limerentfriend :ymhug:
aka L-F

AMA210

Post by AMA210 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Found this interesting: "Anima and animus can be understood as the middleman (or middlewoman) between the ego and the unconscious mind. It is called the “face of the soul” because it is the face of the unconscious mind. Anima, taking the form of an ideal woman, connects men to the deepest places within them. Anima’s counter, Animus, is the male face of a female’s unconscious mind. Both serve the same function: to spark personal development and unify the conscious and unconscious sides of the mind."

Interesting to me because I always said that its his face. Always about the face, not the rest of him. The face of the unconscious mind.

@Spinnaker: You have been on this journey with me since the beginning and staying with me and giving your thoughts and opinions has helped a lot. Thank you. :ymhug:
52 years old, married for 26 years
LO is 53 years old, married for 7 years
LE is 20 months

AMA210

Post by AMA210 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Is it the traits of LO's anima that I have to incorporate into mine or male traits in general?
An example would be aggressiveness in males, which I never saw in LO, mainly passive aggressive/passive.
52 years old, married for 26 years
LO is 53 years old, married for 7 years
LE is 20 months