Surrender - important aspect of our lives

For many, limerence represents a spiritual crisis or awakening. Read other's experiences here.
RedPencilMentality

Surrender - important aspect of our lives

Post by RedPencilMentality » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Here is a paragraph from a book I recently read. I think it is important that everyone should read and think about this paragraph, especially, in the context of their LO and limerence in general.

"Everybody eventually surrenders to something or someone. If not to God, you will surrender to the opinions or expectations of others, to money, to resentment, to fear or to your own pride, lusts or ego. Whether you like it or not, you were designed to worship God, and if you fail to worship Him, you will find and create other things (idols) to give your life and time to. You are free to choose what you surrender to, but you are not free from the consequences of that choice"

Spirituality knew all the answers way, way before the modern phycologists figured it out (and are still trying to figure out!).
L.O.V.E. always wins.

Heart_Open

Re: Surrender - important aspect of our lives

Post by Heart_Open » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 pm

God is the Self (for some people anyway).
In the the case of limerence, it is perhaps the surrendering to feeling...and I don't mean giving in to them or acting on them. Feeling every little bit of those feelings.

JellyBean

Post by JellyBean » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 am

Heart_Open wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 pm
In the the case of limerence, it is perhaps the surrendering to feeling...and I don't mean giving in to them or acting on them. Feeling every little bit of those feelings.
I think I get what you mean re feeling feelings, though limerent feelings are an illusion. The feelings beneath the illusion which often goes back to childhood are the ones we should be feeling, not the limerent ones, imo.
Just call me LF, short for Limerent Friend.

JellyBean

Post by JellyBean » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:02 am

RPM... were you the LO or LS? I'm of the same thought as HO... some believe God (Source) resides in the self.

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:05 am

Maybe surrender is the correct word here.....not sure yet. I do, however, like the notion that we start out in the womb, look to mommy/caregiver as first focus, look to ourselves as second focus, look to our tribe/community as next focus, look to our planet/environment as the next level of focus....all expanding outward during our physical/emotional/spiritual development until there is something more unseen/cosmic/godlike that is either desired or engaged with as a part of our own maturation. Does seem to be a pretty common feature across all manifestation of "human".

RedPencilMentality

Post by RedPencilMentality » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:32 pm

Heart_Open wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 pm
I wouldn't go as far to say that God is the Self - ever. But, I would be able to say that God works "through" people. In the context of limerence, obsessive love etc, this is how: once upon time, you were looking to fill a void in your life which only God can fill, be it issues from childhood, obsessions/compulsions/addictions etc. In that hazy and unclear mindset, you meet someone you feel strongly connected to ( does anyone ever understand where that connection comes from? of course not) and....lo and behold, suddenly, your LO becomes your God, you idolise him or her, you crave them, you want to share everything and anything with them, you want this undying never ending love (remember the commandment which goes: You shall make no idols nor graven images, neither raise you up a standing image, neither shall you set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God:). So, those of us who break that commandment end up worshipping LO, in a way that their inner spirit fully craves for God, because that is the whole purpose of our life. Theosis. So, we end up viewing LO as God and this becomes completely damaging to us. Leading us to "sin" effectively and carve out a life of misery for ourselves. If, on the other hand, we surrender to God, we do what we are made to do, we open our heart and mind, and say - yes, there is nothing greater than you One and only Almighty, powerful force which no human mind can over comprehend...and I let my life be directed in accordance with your will etc....then you will learn that some mysterious things start to happen.

I would say, only God can heal you from Limerence.
Last edited by RedPencilMentality on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L.O.V.E. always wins.

RedPencilMentality

Post by RedPencilMentality » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:41 pm

L-F wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:02 am
RPM... were you the LO or LS? I'm of the same thought as HO... some believe God (Source) resides in the self.
I was LS for 9 years and then fell into another (i thought was love) but it was clearly another strategically placed limerence. Though, not for me, I was in love and out of love I'd cut the guy out of my life for good. I could not change him, and I should not have to. He was all about sex, shallow and mindless sex, I was into something else... never mind, long boring story. It's behind me now, thankfully. The next man who enters my bed will be the person I spend the rest of my life with. Basically, I'm just done with exploiters.

l think you should read up about the true faith in One Lord which comes from its original teachings (i.e. the teachings of the Apostles of Christ) everything else, I'd say are religions which I find distrustful because they'd been modified by oppressive rulers and monarchy over the centuries. That one true faith, as I had found after much reading and research is Orthodoxy. It sadness me to see that people accept so much occult in this day and age and call it faith. Scary stuff.
L.O.V.E. always wins.

RedPencilMentality

Post by RedPencilMentality » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:46 pm

JohnDeux wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:05 am
Maybe surrender is the correct word here.....not sure yet. I do, however, like the notion that we start out in the womb, look to mommy/caregiver as first focus, look to ourselves as second focus, look to our tribe/community as next focus, look to our planet/environment as the next level of focus....all expanding outward during our physical/emotional/spiritual development until there is something more unseen/cosmic/godlike that is either desired or engaged with as a part of our own maturation. Does seem to be a pretty common feature across all manifestation of "human".
Yes, but who gave you breath? Can you see the wind blow and tell in which direction is it blowing or from whence it has come?

I think engaging heart with Intellect is essential. A lot of people, sadly, only engage their intellect.
L.O.V.E. always wins.

JellyBean

Post by JellyBean » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:08 pm

RedPencilMentality wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:46 pm
Yes, but who gave you breath? Can you see the wind blow and tell in which direction is it blowing or from whence it has come?
Our people come from Papatūānuku who is the land. She is a mother earth figure who gives birth to all things, including people. Trees, birds and people are born from the land, which then nourishes them.
While Ranginui is the sky father. These are stories of the bonds between the human, natural and spiritual world.

RedPencilMentality wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:46 pm
I think engaging heart with Intellect is essential. A lot of people, sadly, only engage their intellect.
Totally agree on this one. It's called critical thinking, connecting heart with intellect and challenging assumptions based on what we think and feel.