Surrender - important aspect of our lives

For many, limerence represents a spiritual crisis or awakening. Read other's experiences here.
RedPencilMentality

Surrender - important aspect of our lives

Post by RedPencilMentality » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:51 pm

Here is a paragraph from a book I recently read. I think it is important that everyone should read and think about this paragraph, especially, in the context of their LO and limerence in general.

"Everybody eventually surrenders to something or someone. If not to God, you will surrender to the opinions or expectations of others, to money, to resentment, to fear or to your own pride, lusts or ego. Whether you like it or not, you were designed to worship God, and if you fail to worship Him, you will find and create other things (idols) to give your life and time to. You are free to choose what you surrender to, but you are not free from the consequences of that choice"

Spirituality knew all the answers way, way before the modern phycologists figured it out (and are still trying to figure out!).
L.O.V.E. always wins.

Heart_Open

Re: Surrender - important aspect of our lives

Post by Heart_Open » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 pm

God is the Self (for some people anyway).
In the the case of limerence, it is perhaps the surrendering to feeling...and I don't mean giving in to them or acting on them. Feeling every little bit of those feelings.

L-F

Post by L-F » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 am

Heart_Open wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:58 pm
God is the Self (for some people anyway).
In the the case of limerence, it is perhaps the surrendering to feeling...and I don't mean giving in to them or acting on them. Feeling every little bit of those feelings.
I think I get what you mean re feeling feelings, though limerent feelings are an illusion. The feelings beneath the illusion which often goes back to childhood are the ones we should be feeling, not the limerent ones, imo.
"The day we take 100% responsibility for everything that happens to us and stop playing the victim, we feel a much lighter load" David

L-F

Post by L-F » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:02 am

RPM... were you the LO or LS? I'm of the same thought as HO... some believe God (Source) resides in the self.
"The day we take 100% responsibility for everything that happens to us and stop playing the victim, we feel a much lighter load" David

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:05 am

Maybe surrender is the correct word here.....not sure yet. I do, however, like the notion that we start out in the womb, look to mommy/caregiver as first focus, look to ourselves as second focus, look to our tribe/community as next focus, look to our planet/environment as the next level of focus....all expanding outward during our physical/emotional/spiritual development until there is something more unseen/cosmic/godlike that is either desired or engaged with as a part of our own maturation. Does seem to be a pretty common feature across all manifestation of "human".