Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Personality types

Discuss your experiences about narcissism and relationships with narcissists here.
Pattihopeful

Personality types

Post by Pattihopeful » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:05 pm

Are there any MMPI personality types that are more apt to be narcisists?

JupiterTaco
    United States of America

Re: Personality types

Post by JupiterTaco » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:50 am

IDK about MMPI types but I have a book The New Personality Self-Portrait that has a certain number of personality types and then their associated PDs. If I remember correctly I had three highest personality traits, vigilant (paranoid PD), adventurous (anti-social PD), and idiosyncratic (schizotypal PD). It was interesting!

I just wanted to add that it was over ten years ago that I took this particular quiz, and have been meaning to take it again (PTSD has affected me in some ways personality-wise).
    F.E.A.R-Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise

daydreamer

Re: Personality types

Post by daydreamer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:46 pm

i don't have experience with MMPI, but suspect limerence correlates with neuroticism and openness to experience scales on the Big 5 personality traits assessment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_ ... ity_traits
    I'm limerence free and I'm not afraid of it anymore. I learn something new about myself and life everyday. There is hope and so much more. NC works. Be free, be happy! In retrospect, the LE was about the best thing that happened in my life.