Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Personality Type and Limerence

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?

What is your personality type?

ISTJ
2%
ISFJ
4%
INFJ
16%
INTJ
11%
ISTP
1%
ISFP
5%
INFP
29%
INTP
11%
ESTP
1%
ESFP
1%
ENFP
9%
ENTP
4%
ESTJ
1%
ESFJ
2%
ENFJ
1%
ENTJ
1%

Total votes: 82

AnjiTheDestroyer

Re: Personality Type and Limerence

Post by AnjiTheDestroyer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:55 pm

_Gee! took three d/t tests @ d/t sites, all came back completely d/t except a repetetive slight lean into I over E.. but just slight. the questions are so ambigious man.

if i had to assess myself i'd have a slight lean into I and cut straight thru the middle for the rest.
still think a birth chart report to be waaay more accurate.
Ignore.Satisfy.Understand

AnjiTheDestroyer

Post by AnjiTheDestroyer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 pm

__
astroarena12.blogspot.nl/2014/11/venus-pluto-aspects-love-spell.html?m=1
, not all but enough of it is true.(i'm venus opposite pluto)
wondering how many have a pluto aspect>>obsession...
edit: also mercury opposite pluto (ref: same site) which takes the intrusive thoughts to another level.
Ignore.Satisfy.Understand

french girl

Post by french girl » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:08 pm

I just wanted to compare the percentages of the poll with what is supposed to be the frequency of the 16 types in the US population..
Of course, the results of the forum poll may be biased : maybe people with a certain MBTI type just don't want to lose 12 minutes of their life answering a test, or they may find the questions too boring or the choice between the options to difficult to do... I mean, the 45 people who answered the poll may have a special personality type, which may not be representative of the people who visit the forum...
Anyway, there's a 12 minutes test there : Free Personality Test.

So up to now, the results of the poll is that the most frequent types are INFP (Introversion-iNtuition-Feeling-Perception) with 33 %, and INFJ (Introversion-iNtuition-Feeling-Judgment) with 20 %.
If you look at the frequency in the general US population, those types reach only 4.4% and 1.5%... /:)
INFJ is the rarest MBTI type in the general population...

So there are 13 times more INFJ in the results of the poll than in the normal population, and 7 times more INFP, and these differences look significative enough...
Well, those two types belong to the idealist category, I guess it's not a big surprise, limerence often looks like a dreamer illness to me...
Idealist Temperament (Wikipedia)

Romantically, they want a soulmate with whom they can share a deep spiritual connection.
I guess if Wikipedia said it, we're doomed... :o)

The third most common type is INTJ with 9%, it only represents 4 people who answered the poll, but it's very near from INFJ. (Thinking more than Feeling...) 9% is more than in the general population (only 2.1%)

The three most common types added together reach 69 %, whereas in the general population they represent only 8%...
« Love is giving something you don't have to someone who doesn't want it. » Jacques Lacan

Heart_Open

Post by Heart_Open » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:13 pm

AnjiTheDestroyer wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:48 pm
__
astroarena12.blogspot.nl/2014/11/venus-pluto-aspects-love-spell.html?m=1
, not all but enough of it is true.(i'm venus opposite pluto)
wondering how many have a pluto aspect>>obsession...
edit: also mercury opposite pluto (ref: same site) which takes the intrusive thoughts to another level.
Oh so glad to see another limerent interested in astrology! I wish I understood it better (and I know this post was a year ago now). It has just prompted me to go back to my chart and see what aspect my venus makes to my pluto. Turns out my Venus semi-squares my Pluto, meaning this (cafeastrology.com), I have highlighted me in particular:
Venus conjunct, opposition, square, semi-square, sesquiquadrate, or quincunx Pluto

The realm of human love and human relating is not one you can enter into lightly or casually. For you it is always an all-or-nothing, whole-hearted, and ultimately transformative experience. Great joy and tremendous pain, betrayals, intense desire, and longings are part of your soul’s path and pattern in this lifetime. A deepening of your heart and your capacity to love, as well as a purification of your values, is what this is all about. It may be the loss of one particular person in a particularly poignant and excruciating way, or a series of encounters which bring you ever deeper into your own attachments. Even abusive relationships may be the arenas in which this occurs. Ultimately, you are meant to discover the power of love to heal, to renew and resurrect your own and others’ lives.

This is all absolutely bloody perfect. Me to a T.

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:45 am

ENFJ
"You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water".

RabindranathTagore

Matty5000
Canada

Personality test

Post by Matty5000 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:13 am

Anyone ever tried the myers-Briggs personality test? I've become very intrigued by the science behind it. Had my parents take it and they said it was accurate. It's all about dominant functions in the subject. Mine is introverted intuition. "Introverted Intuition is focused inwards, on the internal world of thoughts, ideas, and concepts as opposed to an extraverted function which is focused on the world that is external to the mind. i.e. the real physical world. Those with Ni as their dominant function prefer to focus on the future."
I'm an INFJ. Many of us are empaths. How but you? Free test with the link below. At the end you get the results and there's a button to read more about your personality type.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=w ... u238z0Qvqr
Other people make excellent mirrors.
Male: 35

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Personality test

Post by David » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:41 am

a poll on MB personality typology and limerence can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=917
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Coaching / Therapy see http://www.limerence.net/coaching.html

Male 57

Endgame

Post by Endgame » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:46 am

INFJ-T . Though the last few times I've done these, I've been an INTJ. Maybe I'm evolving :)
Thanks for all the fish.

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:05 pm

I got INFP,-A/-T . I am a mediator :-j
What is -A/-T though?
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

AMA210
United States of America

Post by AMA210 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:24 pm

INFP -- Mediator
52 years old, married for 26 years
LE was 22 months

"Always moving forward"