Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Dreams

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Dreams

Post by JupiterTaco » Sun May 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Do you dream in color or black and white? I've always dreamed in color and I was surprised to learn that some people don't, which is one way "visitation dreams" are supposedly separated from non-visitation dreams, so I was just curious.
"I can't be held responsible, she fell in love in the first place"-The Freshmen-The Verve Pipe

NoDayDreaming

Re: Dreams

Post by NoDayDreaming » Sun May 05, 2019 8:45 pm

always colors. especially happy dreams have bright colors. scary ones tend to be dark. poor sleep (like eating/drinking before sleep) creates more dreams.
I'm limerence free and I'm not afraid of it anymore. I learn something new about myself and life everyday. There is hope and so much more. NC works. Be free, be happy! In retrospect, LE was about the best thing that has happened in my life.

Buryafriend
United States of America

Post by Buryafriend » Sun May 05, 2019 9:32 pm

I have extremely vivid dreams, always in color. I have also experienced amazing lucid dreams and night terrors/sleep paralysis (horrifying) since I was a child.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Mon May 06, 2019 4:03 am

Interesting, Daydreamer, thanks for that info!

BuryAFriend, I actually have a thread about sleep paralysis in the spiritual section if you're interested in talking about those experiences sometime.
"I can't be held responsible, she fell in love in the first place"-The Freshmen-The Verve Pipe

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Mon May 06, 2019 8:19 pm

I think i dream in color, cos when i dream of water, i remember what color its was, blue or muddy, or the sky and clouds, their colors are varied sometimes.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn

Rocinante

Post by Rocinante » Fri May 24, 2019 7:10 am

I went through a long phase of recording dreams and giving them a lot of significance. My dreams are really vivid (and writing them down makes them more so). I have places that I return to visiting so often that I started giving the places names and their own pages in the journal: "The Waterslide through the Forest," "The Overwhelming Turnstile Room," "Dilapidated Mega Museum" and so on.

I've tried lucid dreaming but it has never ever worked. I just wake up. One thing pretty neat about that, though, is if I'm dreaming and am in a nightmare, I have a sure-fire way of getting out of it: I pick up a random book and start reading it. If my brain feels more like I'm mentally writing the words on the page more so than reading them, suddenly, the "awaken" routine kicks in and I'm yoinked out of there. I can do the same thing with a dream TV set (before turning it on, predict the show, then if it's the show I'm thinking of, ask myself, "does it feel like I'm thinking the words coming out of the TV or am I listening to them?")
Rocinante • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocinante_(disambiguation)
RECLUDET PRATERITIS! <-- Current mantra / magic spell ("Quarantine the past!")

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Fri May 24, 2019 7:51 am

I have also observed that dreams might have a 'healing power' ? Sometimes when I feel very forlorn or down in the dumps, or just no sense of the future , I dream of certain people who comfort me. Like those with whom perhaps a connection has been lost , and there is no way to reconnect with them again. Or those with whom the relationship is heavily invested from my side , but their side. It's like my mind's way of giving me love or validation from those i want , and then making me feel better. The Mind has a mind of its own!
The last dream I had of such nature was of a long lost classmate from school.

And it works, cos I wake up feeling better than I did the ngiht before. The power of connection is so great, even if it be completely virtual.

Maybe that's why people are visited by their loved ones , in their dreams. When they are long gone? Maybe the mind is healing itself ? Or it's creating its own reality in the only way it can ?

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 am

Had another "healing" dream. A messed up situation was resolved in my dream, and the person responsible did what was expected of them..
It amazes me the wolverine type ability of the mind. The resources it has to heal itself. I did wake up feeling better.
Can you imagine, structuring reality and coming up with another person acting like the better version of theirself

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 am

I always dreamed in B&W and then when i started psychotherapy, my dreams gradually turned into colour. Now they are always in colour. they are not yet 4K colour :-o

It is said dreams are the pathway to our unconscious. I can usually work out the symbolism of my dreams.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Relationship Coaching help see www.loverelations.co.uk
For Individual Coaching and Mentoring see www.drdavidperl.com

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:24 pm

David wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 am

It is said dreams are the pathway to our unconscious. I can usually work out the symbolism of my dreams.
I wish I could! They are disturbing to the max. Just last night/early morning I dreamt I was walking along visiting some tourist attraction and a little warm soft fluffy friend started climbing up my leg under my dress. When I lifted my dress I saw a rabbit clinging to me. The tour guide was like "oh don't worry, he likes you, he's chosen you to be his life long partner"... umm :-??

Shorty after the first dream, I had this big long vivid dream about my house which was but wasn't my house, only to reach the end of the dream with an angry elephant who had escaped from goodness know where barge through the fence of a Thai village while on a rampage. Everyone scattered looking for shops to dive into, and as soon as I heard the elephant I said to myself "ah... this is what I came to see in my dream" then as if my magic I forgot that I was dreaming and started running for my life! =))
If only we'd sit with the void too... then perhaps we won't need to fill it once we get over the fear of its existence. L-F