Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Coups de Foudre: Who's Affected?

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?
Pandora
Canada

Re: Coups de Foudre: Who's Affected?

Post by Pandora » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:31 pm

For me, no. I've had the initial 'struck my lightening' feeling of attraction, but not love.

INFP.
Desire is a state,
a state of ill repair.
It's ill prepared to cope,
it's ill prepared to care.

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:54 pm

Hi Anonymous Limerent
Yes I have, and if you have you know it without a doubt. It was the start of what I now know as my limerence.
INFP-T
I would be interested in your findings.
BB
F 49
LO M 52 10yrs
NC 1yr +
'Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.'

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:03 am

MrSpock wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:29 pm

Furthermore, as a teen and young boy, I used to fail to understand why people dated first and married later, because for me, I immediately wanted to marry them five seconds after the lightning.
Lol :))
I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to marry ,still don't.
But back to the subject, even as a kid I never had lightning strikes , even If I found someone intensely attractive.

Okay wait I have one it's not a coup de foudre I think, but once I was at an airport waiting and suddenly I see the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen in my life, she just strolled in with her bag, and then went on to get ice cream. I followed her movements like a creep till she was in my line of sight. But I can't quite recall her face right now. Does that count.
I suppose for you and many others Spock it's like this

Lol
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn

MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:17 pm

LOL, that was sooo funny!

And yes, it is like that!

Bluebell

Post by Bluebell » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 pm

Idiotic I never felt the "lightening bolt" in the forty years prior and I wasn't missing out on anything I was happy and loved my husband just fine. But then it happened by pure chance, it was all the clichés my knees even went weak😂I thought that was a joke thing until then haha, so ya just like in the clip above! Thanks for the laugh,
BB
F 49
LO M 52 10yrs
NC 1yr +
'Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.'

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:13 pm

Everyone should watch the Lego Batman its the best batman movie :))
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn

NVTS
Fiji

Post by NVTS » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:38 pm

Ok, I thought about it and realized that there was a CDF.
I knew something wasn’t right the first few times I met her—-BUUT—— it was on a particular afternoon when I wasn’t expecting to see her in the hospital. I had returned to see a new patient and she was at the nurses station with her back to me and her head buried in a chart. I was far enough awaythat she didn’t know that I was there,

Coup de Foudre!!!!!!!!

I suddenly panicked, I wanted to turn around and avoid her because I knew that she would see me blushing and therefore would read me like a book. So as I started to try to avoid her my inner voice said, “ What’s wrong with you!? You barely even know her, why are you letting her get to you like this?!?!”

So I turned back around and walked right by her saying “hey Doc”.
M-47-married
LO- married 48,work colleagues

MetsFan

Post by MetsFan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Just come out as ISFP on 16personalities.com “the adventurer”. This was very accurate and related to my LE to be fair:

“It’s important for their partners to make it clear that this love and attention is valued. Adventurers would never ask for such thanks, but it can really hurt their feelings if they don’t hear it. Such expressions don’t have to be verbal – Adventurers believe in actions, not words – but it’s crucial that they know their feelings are shared. On the other side of the spectrum, there are few types more vulnerable to criticism and conflict, and it’s necessary to provide a certain level of emotional support.“

Never had a coup de foudre.