Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Disclosure to LO

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?

Disclosure to LO

1 time
11%
2 times
4%
3 times
4%
4 times
1%
5 times
No votes
6 times
3%
More than 6 times
5%
How did you disclose?
1%
Conversation
16%
Letter/Note
7%
Email/Text
12%
Other
No votes
Do you regret disclosing?
1%
Yes
8%
No
19%
I don't know
7%

Total votes: 74

AMA210
United States of America

Disclosure to LO

Post by AMA210 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Disclosure to LO
LE was 22 months...LO catalyst for awakening, in which I chose divorce (after 27 years of marriage)
Very happy and content with my new beginning

L-F
United States of America

Re: Disclosure to LO

Post by L-F » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:36 pm

There are 4 polls AM. You might want to delete the others?

Yes I disclosed. Regret it. Unbelievably cringeworthy.
Have conquered limerence. I'm no expert but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.
Limerence Net helped to heal my heart which led to forgiving my abusers ❤

AMA210
United States of America

Post by AMA210 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 am

Yep, the rest are gone. Had some issues with my pad freezing up and I didn't get back to it until now. Thanks for the reminder.
LE was 22 months...LO catalyst for awakening, in which I chose divorce (after 27 years of marriage)

movingon

Post by movingon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:57 am

Disclosing made me feel better at the time, but it seemed like everything went downhill after I disclosed and I also have not obtained the emotional freedom yet that disclosure is supposed to bring. So I wish I would have been strong enough to just walk away without disclosing, but I wasn't.

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:57 am

:-$
Last edited by Spinnaker on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“We are tied in a single garment of destiny. What affects one directly affects everyone indirectly”.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

AMA210
United States of America

Post by AMA210 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:38 am

Spinnaker wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:57 am
Should I post twice since I've had 2 LO's ? Does my online LO#2 "qualify"?
Sure, go for it. An LO is an LO.

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:44 am

x_x
Last edited by Spinnaker on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“We are tied in a single garment of destiny. What affects one directly affects everyone indirectly”.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

ReeledIn
United States of America

Post by ReeledIn » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:47 am

I disclosed in a conversation at his house in total private (he's single, some of you may remember). I said, "I've come to care about you more than I should." And then I just shut up. I put him on the spot and wanted to see how he reacted without any preparation.

The look I got was one of "Oh crap. You actually acknowledged it. I guess all my luring really worked. Shit. Now what do we do?"

Aaaaaaannnnndddddd.... then the affair started... and then - 2 mos later - I was left with this.... =(( =(( =((

I said I don't regret it because I was about to completely explode or have a heart attack each day we interacted (which was every day because we had basically become each other's "work spouse," due to his constant pursuing and my complete lack of ability to say no)... I was 80% sure it was reciprocal, which it was for a while. I just HAD to know.. or had to get a new job (disclosing was actually easier than trying to find a new job in my field and location). I was at the point where any interaction with him was so painful because I wanted him so badly - so I did it.. and I was prepared for the worst.. which did end up happening in the end. Now we can't even be "friends," not that we every really were "friends."
F, 48
LO M, 55, single coworker
LE began June 2016 | became EA/PA until 6/18/2017
Disclosed all and reconciled with SO

For my story if interested:
http://limerence.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3738

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 am

Disclosure is an interesting one and perhaps one of the few areas Ive vacillated with regards to was it a good or bad thing to disclose at least 6 times?

My second disclosure was in a group therapy setting and caused LO to feel humiliated. LO was angry that I had gone NC and not given her an adequate explanation as to why I was distancing myself from her. She brought up over two consecutive weeks in this group so I got my revenge by making a public disclosure, talking about limerence, what it was and how it was affecting me. That said, how LO felt was her stuff and for her to deal with if she chose too.

As for disclosing per se, I have no regrets. It was the right thing for me to do at that time, based on what I knew then and where I was at that time (aged 16 emotionally =)) ) . What I did get to was a place of self-compassion. I was trying to make sense of limerence and didn't understand how I could feel such intense feelings for the magical other that were totally one way. Surely LO had to be playing into this? I never did get the answers I desired and in a way the never not knowing was a greater gift. Letting go of control and certainty was a big life lesson.

Would I disclose again? No, not whilst married. Limerence was and is my issue and I can now see its not appropriate to dump my uncontained feelings onto another. That said, i have a far greater capacity to contain my feelings now and not act them out.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Relationship Coaching help see www.loverelations.co.uk
For Individual Coaching and Mentoring see www.drdavidperl.com

Cookie
United States of America

Post by Cookie » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:44 pm

My whole disclosure was so stupid I hate to even post it here. But what the heck. We're among friends.

The LO had sent me numerous messages about how much he "really liked me." So I decided to send him one back: "I like you too." There was plenty more faux-love to follow before he disappeared. Looking back and examining this, it was all ridiculously adolescent! This type of communication is what 15-year-olds do, not 50-somethings. On the plus side, it was my disclosure that sent him running and led me to find out about limerence.
Person