Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Is LE is more difficult for men or women?

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?

Is LE more difficult for men or women?

Men
23%
Women
No votes
Equal for both
77%

Total votes: 13

AMA210
United States of America

Is LE is more difficult for men or women?

Post by AMA210 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

With the intense emotions of LE and with the specific LO, do you think the Limerent experience is more difficult for men or women, or is it equal?
52 years old, married for 27 years
LE was 22 months

"Always moving forward"

Heart_Open

Re: Is LE is more difficult for men or women?

Post by Heart_Open » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:35 pm

I don't think we can make that judgement really. Women might be more likely to be able to open up face-to-face with girlfriends whereas men might struggle more with opening up to their friends. But even then it is hard to find anyone that truly understands - the best support I have found in the last 9 years has been in the last 9 months - right here :) amongst fellow sufferers. You guys 'get' me, we all 'get' each other. I doubt we can find such support elsewhere to be honest.

Then it depends on circumstances - married or LTR or single? Kids or no kids? Who their LO actually is etc etc

AMA210
United States of America

Re: Is LE is more difficult for men or women?

Post by AMA210 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:48 pm

I think LE is more difficult for men, based on the sole fact that they often have a difficult time expressing emotions. Since LE is riddled with such intense emotions, having an outlet for that can be challenging. Women, on the other hand, being used to emotions, despite pushing them down as children, are more apt to cry for an extended period of time.
52 years old, married for 27 years
LE was 22 months

"Always moving forward"