Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Who does LO look like, who does LO make you think of ?

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?

Your father/mother
17%
Your brother/sister
5%
Someone else in your family of origin
10%
Your SO
5%
A former lover/SO
5%
A former LO
10%
A platonic friend
5%
Yourself
10%
Someone else (who ?)
5%
Nobody I know, he looks basically like a total stranger
28%

Total votes: 60

french girl

Post by french girl » Tue May 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Hello,

(when I say "look like", it doesn't mean only physically, it can be, but it can be anything which make you think of someone else).

This poll, because in the beginning, I often wondered who LO looked like.
For example, when I met my SO, I thought he looked a bit like one of my brother.

But with LO, I've never been able to place the resemblance exactly.
Probably a mix of my SO, my father, my two brothers, even one of my half-brother... and myself (and maybe even my mother, why focusing on persons of the same sex as LO, after all ?). He definitely didn't look like a total stranger to me.
In that respect, I suppose I've been lucky and it was healthier to have a SO who looked just a tiny bit like my brother, but didn't look that much like my family.

But in fact, when I met LO, the first impression was that with him, I could have the same kind of conversations I had with a platonic friend I had when I was fifteen years old. (So the first impression was that he was a bit like this friend, but he's really different from this guy in fact).
That's how I get caught. Nostalgia about when I was young, and could have this kind of friendship.

So you can chose as many options as you want. I'm sure I'm going to realize after clicking the "submit" button that I forgot many options I should have included, but right then I can't seem to find something to add.

(I've enabled the option allowing to change one's vote, so if you already voted and it looks like you didn't, it's normal)
« Love is giving something you don't have to someone who doesn't want it. » Jacques Lacan

JohnDeux

Re: Who does LO look like, who does LO make you think of ?

Post by JohnDeux » Tue May 30, 2017 5:12 pm

First LO had characteristics of mother and younger sister, but was blonde like a cousin's wife to whom I was much attached in my teens.

Second LO had characteristics of a cousin that I felt a warm connection with and additionally looked a fair amount like SO.

I did a test once that was interesting, thanks to this modern digital age. I found photos of mother, sister, relevant cousins, SO, 3 ex GFs and both LOs. I digitally cropped their faces so that only their eyes remained. Pretty creepy the similarities.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:44 pm

My LO could be mistaken for my cousin: similar coloring, height :-?
Mayberry:Gateway to danger :ymcowboy:

Matty5000
Canada

Post by Matty5000 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:05 am

My LO doesn't look like anyone else. I was attracted to her because she seemed unique. She shaves the side's of her head and spikes her hair up. Dyes it different colors. Tattoos too. I liked her because she seemed different. I wonder if she had long hair, uncolored, with no tattoos, would I of looked twice? Weird. In terms of character she has alcohol problems. My mother is an alcoholic. I think she may be on the spectrum too. My brother is a high functioning autistic.
Other people make excellent mirrors.
Male: 35

palimpalim
Finland

Post by palimpalim » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:13 pm

Last edited by palimpalim on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mezzoone

Post by Mezzoone » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:26 pm

My LO does not physically look like anyone else to me, except maybe his eyes. However his personality, mannerism, passions, quirks, and interests all remind me of myself, my father, and other LOs who were likely all “chosen” by me for the same reasons.

daydreamer

Post by daydreamer » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 pm

interesting question, never thought of that. now, i'm thinking she reminds me of a cousin, even the same first name. however, i don't like that name much and i didn't care for that cousin either (she is from the family that i find strange). she is nice though. i have a weakness for nice petite types.

marko
United States of America

Post by marko » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:21 am

Like no one else. I suppose a bit taller, blondish and IDK, nothing special and then all together wow.