Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

How big a narcissist are you?

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?

Take the quiz here https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm and then post your answer.

0-10 - low traits
59%
11-20 - moderate traits
32%
21-30 - highish traits
7%
31-40 - very high traits
1%

Total votes: 111

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

How big a narcissist are you?

Post by David » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:11 am

An interesting quiz to rate your level of narcissism.

We all have narcissistic traits, its what get us into the world each day. It becomes an issue when these traits are distorted.

Take the quiz here and then post your answer.

https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/narcissistic.htm
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Coaching / Therapy see http://www.limerence.net/coaching.html

Male 57

AbandonedRhesus

Re: How big a narcissist are you?

Post by AbandonedRhesus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:31 pm

Zero.

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:18 pm

AbandonedRhesus wrote:Zero.
Check out inverse narcissists.

From Sam Vakin's Malignant Self love: Also called "covert narcissist", inverted narcissist is a co-dependent who depends exclusively on narcissists (narcissist-co-dependent).
The inverted narcissist craves to be in a relationship with a narcissist, regardless of any abuse inflicted on them. They actively seeks relationships with narcissists and only with narcissists, no matter what their (bitter and traumatic) past experience has been. They feel empty and unhappy in relationships with non-narcissists.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

Male 57

AbandonedRhesus

Post by AbandonedRhesus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:00 pm

Nah.

I just think I'm no good.

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:18 am

AbandonedRhesus wrote:Nah.

I just think I'm no good.
LOL ;)

Male 57

psykkoman

Post by psykkoman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:38 am

Frankly, I get usually around 90% or even more in similar tests, so I expected higher score :D :D
"It is impossible to be authentic and to do what other people approve of at the same time." (Teal Swan)

bodysnatchers1777

Post by bodysnatchers1777 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:19 am

Seven.
Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

Trinity: Neo... nobody has ever done this before.
Neo: That's why it's going to work.

DaveBB

Post by DaveBB » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:57 am

I scored 5.

I've done some reading up about narcissism over the past couple of weeks and I've taken particular interest in the concept of the narcissist-codependent 'dance'. I'm sure I was dancing to my LO's tune for the first 3 or 4 months of my LE until it becaome too painful to continue and so I started my first attempt at LC. In spite of that I still spent the whole of last year in a state of codependence with her, although somewhat reduced.

David mentioned the idea of covert (or inverted) narcissists so I think my low score is probably showing that I'm one. At my new place of work there is one woman here who is at least 20 years younger than I am with whom I seem to be holding eye-contact quite frequently. There is definitely what seems to be a positive reaction from her eyes whenever that happens. Is that reaction love - or is it "oh good here's someone new who'll dance to my tune"?

I'm sure it's got to be much nearer the latter. She already has an SO and why would she be interested in someone so much older than her? And watching from the advantage point of my desk at one end of the open-plan office I'm beginning to suspect that another guy who works here is indeed showing codependent traits towards her.

Wyldgirl

Post by Wyldgirl » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:31 pm

I scored 6. However I think the questions are a little misleading. For instance I don't want to set or ignore fashion trends, but I follow them, which is not an option. I have a job that is in many ways the ultimate authority in our society, but that has little to do with whether I feel I am a born leader or that I deserve power and authority. I am probably more of a narcissist than the quiz reflects - just not in these parameters as they are set. Interesting though!

Jess

Post by Jess » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:28 pm

I got a 7.