Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Beauty is skin deep

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?

Describe how your LO looks physically

Hot
12%
Pretty
7%
Beautiful face
8%
Gorgeous
6%
Handsome
11%
Good looking
10%
Cute
10%
Nerdy
7%
Ugly
No votes
Average
4%
When you met your LO, did you assume they were a nice person based on their appearance?
No votes
Yes
11%
No
12%

Total votes: 98

AMA210
United States of America

Beauty is skin deep

Post by AMA210 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Describe your LO's physical characterstics
52 years old, married for 27 years
LE was 22 months

"Always moving forward"

marko
United States of America

Re: Beauty is skin deep

Post by marko » Thu May 18, 2017 7:08 pm

In LE glow she's even prettier :D, but she Is tall, fit with a bleached blond look. Nothing in itself outstanding, but the complete image with her sassy energy is beguiling. I sense she's unsure about all that as she seeks compliments. Not wearing makeup and tasteful clothes just adds to the package fo me. In a group I never would have been selected, so it feeds the LE that she'd pay attention to me--so says LE. At my age I'm pretty sure.....I'll stop there as dream fades to dust :((

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu May 18, 2017 8:26 pm

I didn't assume he was a nice person because of his looks, it was just a vibe I got from him, sort of a mellow, timid type.
"God grant me the serenity, to just remember who I am"-Games People Play by Joe South

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Thu May 18, 2017 8:54 pm

First impression: I bet he's a "player". :think:

He looks much different almost a decade later.

Assume I'm not alone in this, but a Midlifer like myself gets past the physical pretty quickly when determining attraction.

Should be an intetesting poll though.
Last edited by Spinnaker on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu May 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Spinnaker wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 8:54 pm
First impression: I bet he's a "player". :think:

He looks much different 9.5 years later as he turns 59 tomorrow.

Assume I'm not alone in this, but a Midlifer like myself (49.999) gets past the physical pretty quickly when determining attraction.

Should be an intetesting poll though.
Was the player assumption based solely on his looks or other factors?
"God grant me the serenity, to just remember who I am"-Games People Play by Joe South

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Thu May 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Charisma.
Last edited by Spinnaker on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu May 18, 2017 9:23 pm

Spinnaker wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:14 pm
Charisma!

I work predominantly with men. In general, I just don't see gender (if that makes any sense) when I'm in their presence . Not to say I don't pay attention to detail, that's a big part of my job, and "people watching" is one of my favorite pastimes.

So being taken aback by him made me assume all women look at him that way... Apparently they don't. :-s
=)) One of my past LOs went to great lengths to make himself look like a total player. I mean I'm sure given the opportunity he probably was but you know...

townshend
United States of America

Post by townshend » Fri May 19, 2017 2:02 am

LO has a bit of RBF even though he's one of the nicest people I know :)) Like George Costanza says, if you walk around looking mad all the time people will think you're busy - LO looks super busy or just disinterested when he's just standing around, which he looked like when I first noticed him walking by and thought "ohhh that guys pretty hot" so no I definitely did not think he was nice based on appearance - it took the first couple times we talked, him doing something not only nice but out of his way for me for me to think that and I was a little surprised actually.
No good has ever come from feeling guilty neither intelligence, policy, nor compassion. The guilty do not pay attention to the object but only to themselves and not even to their own interests, which might make sense, but to their anxieties. -Paul Goodman

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding » Fri May 19, 2017 2:19 am

I chose handsome and nerdy. He has some nice features - a very chiseled jaw and a great head of hair - but most of my friends who know of my "crush" and have seen him don't think he is anything to be excited about. I realize it's more of an emotional thing than physical, even though I personally am wildly attracted to him and think he is just beautiful. Nerdy for sure. Hipster nerd maybe :YMDAYDREAM: He wears a lot of cuffed skinny pants, button-up shirts under cable-knit sweaters, and loafers. Purple running shoes with pink piping. This odd tan coat that looks like something my grandfather would have worn but he is in his mid-30s :))

And.....it's all adorable.
F 38
LO is M 35, my son’s former teacher
NC for six weeks

french girl

Post by french girl » Fri May 19, 2017 8:54 pm

-
Last edited by french girl on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.