No. I don't think it is possible.

A common and understandable desire, can it work?
plesky

Re: No. I don't think it is possible.

Post by plesky »

I was slow to come around, but I agree completely. It is not possible to be friends with my LO either. I was deluding myself. What a fool I have been.

plesky

Post by plesky »

I will try to follow up more on your blog, when I get a chance. Let's not have a conversation here about it.

Wyldgirl

Post by Wyldgirl »

Oh, Nerdling, I have been thinking of you. My situation is a bit different as my LO and I never had the kind of disclosure you have. I will post an update on my own status soon. But as far as your LO, I believe you are right. And he may be a fantastic friend, but he is also toxic to you - and that is not a sustainable friendship. I am so sorry for what you and Plesky are suffering...

michaelstarvin

Post by michaelstarvin »

No, of course it's not possible, it's a toxic relationship to be friends with an LO. You are better off to keep the hell away from them by 1000 miles and have no contact period. if they have no interest in you in an anyway a romantic sense... especially if they are an LO, you keep the fuck away from them at all costs. da fuck? this is clearly obvious. didn't mean to sound rude about it though, so sorry about that if i sounded rude. i can be a bit irritated at times because of this radical asshole called "limerence". it can make someone an asshole lol. but it's just anger because of the fucking annoying pain from it. you all know.......................... obviously. sorry again.

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

michaelstarvin wrote:No, of course it's not possible, it's a toxic relationship to be friends with an LO. You are better off to keep the hell away from them by 1000 miles and have no contact period. if they have no interest in you in an anyway a romantic sense... especially if they are an LO, you keep the fuck away from them at all costs. da fuck? this is clearly obvious. didn't mean to sound rude about it though, so sorry about that if i sounded rude. i can be a bit irritated at times because of this radical asshole called "limerence". it can make someone an asshole lol. but it's just anger because of the fucking annoying pain from it. you all know.......................... obviously. sorry again.
love the honesty Michael, keep keeping it real and vent as much as you need

manhugs, David
Do you want help with limerence from the founder of this site?
I'm a qualified counsellor, psychotherapist, medical practitioner and leadership coach.
To book a session see http://loverelations.co.uk/on-line-support-for-limerence-from-dr-david-perl/

Aquilo1049

Post by Aquilo1049 »

I said before it wasn't possible. Then I tried to be friends, which is where I am now, but it's not working. You can only move on so far and then you'll hit the wall. Then you'll realise you have to sever all ties.

Whiterose

Post by Whiterose »

For what it's worth, I have spent years on the friendship and with my LO and it's totally drained me. I had to really exhaust all avenues and hit the bottom before I could breathe again and free myself. It's been really hard.

michaelstarvin

Post by michaelstarvin »

Yeah thanks David, and yes... it's pretty pointless to be friends with an LO unless you can tolerate it. but tell me one thing, honestly all you guys here, who can honestly say they can tolerate being friends with an LO. even if you are aware you are limerent years before you find out. once realizing ur perceptions were all false to begin with, would you really want this person a part of ur life after that? im guessing no. the main key point here is to realize it's just a bunch of bullshit. im sorry but i swear to all here its the truth. we all know what limerence really is... crap. simple and plain crap. i find the best way to deal with it by this point is to keep busy with other things and pre-occupy my mind with other activities or even find another person to be friends with and even more? not so easy to find the one in a world such of a screw up as this anyway but we all get there if we try to. doing nothing and feeding our limerence isn't going to get us anywhere. it's just a huge waste of time! and it is... for certain.