He Accepted My Friend Request on Instagram & FB

A common and understandable desire, can it work?
brittneythempath11

He Accepted My Friend Request on Instagram & FB

Post by brittneythempath11 »

This makes me super happy because I was praying to Jesus to calm the desire in my heart for him, and at least asked for him to be my friend. It took him like a month actually accept the friend request because he knows I used to like him like a lot...hopefully I can just be content with being his friend. And btw whomever introduced me to the twin flame theory in my last post is so spot on! I believe this guy is my twin flame...but it's super difficult right now because I'm in a three year relationship with my current bf. And my boyfriend knows how I feel...idk what to do I feel bad. Aghhh gosh the excitement and rush in my face was so amazing when I saw that my LO accepted my requests :x I honestly am not sexually attracted to this guy I just want to be next to his aura and energy. Hopefully with being his friend I can recover from my infatuation with him...

majordomo

Re: He Accepted My Friend Request on Instagram & FB

Post by majordomo »

brittneythempath11 wrote:Hopefully with being his friend I can recover from my infatuation with him...
You feel so happy right now and I hate myself to act as the party pooper, but chances are it'll make things a lot worse. You will nurture your limerence instead of making it die by starvation.

On the positive side, he was kind enough to friend you ;-)

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding »

I agree [-X
F 39
LO is M 37, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(
LE began in the fall of 2015

AMA210

Post by AMA210 »

"I honestly am not sexually attracted to this guy I just want to be next to his aura and energy. Hopefully with being his friend I can recover from my infatuation with him..."

Hi. You don't need to be sexually attracted to someone to feel and/or have a connection. It probably took a while for him to respond because he was weighing the possibilities of being friends with someone already In a relationship. I agree with the other replies here. One cannot recover from an infatuation by having access to all his pics on FB and by opening the lines of communication between you. When you send him a message or post on his wall, you will anxiously await a reply or a like, and in time, your entire day will revolve around that.

The only way to recover from an infatuation is to limit contact and eliminate means of communication. The alternative will plunge you deeper into a relationship with him. Do you think this is fair to your BF?
Last edited by AMA210 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heart_Open

Post by Heart_Open »

I also agree, but I am still facebook friends with my LO. I can't not be, not just because we have mutual friends (my husband, my son and some others), but because that is at the moment my only lifeline to him unless I physically go to his place of work.

I do not interact with him on FB, but used to 5-6 years ago, making an idiot of myself. With smartphones though FB got busier and my husband started using it more so that polices me now! HA! But I will tell you this...

Just when I think I have 'got over him' (again, but this time 'will be the last time'), he posts something - ANYTHING - a brief comment about nothing, and I feel the pull. I have been great for a good while now, I well and truly moved on, even had a baby for goodness sake, and I was finally finally over it ALL... was I hell as like :( 2 months ago he posted the sexiest ever photo for his profile pic. Oh how I want to 'Love' that pic, to show him I am still here (but am I?) but I simply can't because I will be seen by my family. Which is good in one way... but that photo is WOW. and of course my limerent brain has told me he has posted that for my benefit.

5-6 years ago before hubby ramped up his fb presence, I would wait and refresh the page and check messages all day... it was not healthy.

Yeah, social media messes you up... just be careful.

brittneythempath11

Aquamarine21 wrote:"I honestly am not sexually attracted to this guy I just want to be next to his aura and energy. Hopefully with being his friend I can recover from my infatuation with him..."

The only way to recover from an infatuation is to limit contact and eliminate means of communication. The alternative will plunge you deeper into a relationship with him. Do you think this is fair to your BF?
I know damn...I feel like I kind of made things worse :/ even though I'm happy to be his friend again...it isn't fair. I wonder if I also would have the same enough patience if my boyfriend was limerent with one of his past crushes :YMPRAY:

majordomo

Post by majordomo »

Heart_Open wrote:5-6 years ago before hubby ramped up his fb presence, I would wait and refresh the page and check messages all day...
this reminds me the story of the limerent woman who had been checking her LO's linkedIn profile every morning for months, until she realized that LO was receiving one email for each check :o :o :o :o =)) =)) =))

Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 »

majordomo wrote: this reminds me the story of the limerent woman who had been checking her LO's linkedIn profile every morning for months, until she realized that LO was receiving one email for each check :o :o :o :o =)) =)) =))
Bahaha just about choked on my beer. Thank heavens I got my ex gf to check LO'S LinkedIn for me. Even then she used her husband's account for me =))

brittneythempath11

majordomo wrote:
Heart_Open wrote:5-6 years ago before hubby ramped up his fb presence, I would wait and refresh the page and check messages all day...
this reminds me the story of the limerent woman who had been checking her LO's linkedIn profile every morning for months, until she realized that LO was receiving one email for each check :o :o :o :o =)) =)) =))

:)) =)) awwwhh lol well that kind of lightens up the mood, oh jeeze I could imagine how it would look like every single time I've looked up my crush on facebook. And if my searches were public. I'd be mortified :-ss

Heart_Open

Post by Heart_Open »

Do tell me you can't see who looks at your FB profile!!! :shock: