My LO and I are each other's LO - both married and stuck in limerence!

A common and understandable desire, can it work?
TEC

Re: My LO and I are each other's LO - both married and stuck in limerence!

Post by TEC »

Hello all - First off, I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but I wanted to let you know that I am reading all of your replies and I'm very appreciative of all the information, advice, etc.

You folks all have some really great points and I'm beginning to feel very thankful that I found this forum. I'm in a mess of a situation no doubt about it, particularly because I'm struggling with the idea of how to go NC (more likely just LC) with how intertwined our lives have become. I'm almost dreading the upcoming several days as we have a planned night out for live music event with SO, LO, & LO's SO. It's all shaping up to be an overwhelming night of emotion and I'm nearly sick just thinking about the rollercoaster. Anyway....tis the bed I've made for myself at this stage of my life, the show must go on and I must figure this out. When I get a moment, I'll try to address some more of your replies/questions. Thanks again!
Last edited by TEC on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 »

Pete wrote: There were also ways in which she was very compatible with her husband that I just ignored.
Great post Pete.

I believe they (LOs and LOs SO) have their own issues to sort and yes, there will be some reason they are together even if not viewable to the limerent person. We tend to gloss over LOs SO and want to make them out to be some sort of monster. Naturally limerents would want to do that, it makes the limerent person feel superior. "I am better than LOs SO... I would treat LO with the respect she/he deserves" which is ironic when the SO is often the one missing out. From an outsiders point of view, others could view us (the limerents) as not treating our SO as well as we could. Tis all a matter of perspective.

Anyway, wanted to say that I really liked your honest feedback Pete. Not judge-y at all.

academia123

Post by academia123 »

I did almost everything Pete wrote here. I rearranged my perspective. It's worth the fight. My SO is the blessing I failed to see during my limerent years.

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding »

Pete, that post was amazing. Helped me to think of things in a different way. I'm going to copy and paste parts of it into a note for myself to refer back to. Thank you.
F 39
LO is M 37, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(
LE began in the fall of 2015

Struggling2

Post by Struggling2 »

I'm about 99.9 percent sure my LO is just as limerent as I am. It's definitely mutual. We both feel the same. Thank Fod I live about 10 miles from him or it would be major trouble. I can't imagine being that close and having to see LO everyday. I would die. I would be sneaking out at night for sure. Lol. Not funny but Lord it would be trouble. I feel for you. No advice. My lo and I are both married also and we have kissed several times. It's definitely a HUGE STRUGGLE. But we both don't want to leave our marriages. I have children, he doesn't have children. I wish you luck.