Yes

A common and understandable desire, can it work?
Bunny

Yes

Post by Bunny »

But it takes perseverance, tenacity and the grip of a Rottweiler's jaws.

LO and I could be described as "friends" - those who have read my blog on Tribe will know the peaks and troughs I have been through.

A word of warning, though: the friendship will always have an imbalance, a bit like a wobbly wheel on a bike. Not too much to prevent you moving forward, but enough to make you notice the ride isn't always as comfortable as you'd like.
"If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor."

JohnDeux

Re: Yes

Post by JohnDeux »

Bun!....Good to hear from you. I must admit this entry of yours to be a bit of a surprise, since your last entry that I recall on Tribe-LE was indicating that yes, it's been a continuing limerence for 9 years. Has something shifted between the time of that entry and now?.....or is it that, as you indicate, the limerence is always there in the background, but can be brought to a tolerable level with friendship still intact? This is a really good news entry for many I suspect. Always desirable not to have to throw out the baby with the bathwater if possible!....... ;)

Again, good to hear from you. (So.....is Tribe.net pretty much deep-sixed at this point?.....)
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Hi there JD!

LO and I rub along OK these days, but occasionally - just occasionally - he will not react the way I have come to expect him to react, and it causes me to slide down that snake that is at square 87 on the board game and takes you to square 2. He then does something that climbs the ladder from square 8 to square 79 ... and so the play goes on. He, of course, is oblivious to the swing of my emotions. I, on the other hand, am very highly tuned to the subtlest of his interactions with me.

But hey, if it was any other way it wouldn't be limerence!

Tribe.net seems dead as a Pythonesque parrot at the moment.

How the hell are you?

Dame Bun VC xx
"If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor."

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Great to see you here Bunny. I remember your snakes and ladders analogy from a while back

How time flies

you're more than welcome to hang out here too
Do you want help with limerence from the founder of this site?
I'm a qualified counsellor, psychotherapist, medical practitioner and leadership coach.
To book a session see http://loverelations.co.uk/on-line-support-for-limerence-from-dr-david-perl/