Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

LO Client

A tough thing to do - the pros and cons
moreissuesthanvogue

LO Client

Post by moreissuesthanvogue » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:20 am

Hello,
I have this mutual limerence with a married client. I know to need to go no contact and end our professional relationship. The chemistry is so palpable. I can’t imagine not experiencing our interactions but I know it the healthiest thing to do. How do I end our professional relationship?
Thanks.💔

Celestialbody
United States of America

Re: LO Client

Post by Celestialbody » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:13 pm

This is a bad situation that others here have experienced. What do you do for a living? Does this person represent a large portion of your business? How do you know there is mutual limerence? Depending on how close you are, it's probably best to have an honest conversation. Something like, "I'm conflicted about us working together in the future given our mutual feelings." Otherwise, you could make excuses, but that could lead to hard feelings and/or persistence by your LO, who may want to continue the relationship.

Such a tough spot to find yourself. I would imagine that LOs in this situation often want "no contact" too, but they worry about hurting your livelihood. I think most people in mutual limerence assume that the problem is theirs alone, not understanding the depth of what the other person is experiencing. I struggle with this. My feelings run deep, and I assume that nobody else is experiencing the same. So if I'm in limerence, they just have a crush or whatever.....

Communication is key here. But that's usually a problem with mutual limerents. We are terrified of saying the wrong thing (and we often do anyway).

There is another guy on here from a few weeks ago struggling with the same thing (but he is the client). I think he posted in the open forum. Not sure if his LO was limerent though.

moreissuesthanvogue

Re: LO Client

Post by moreissuesthanvogue » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:46 pm

I just wanted thank you publicly for your response and compassion!