A Diffwrent View on Disclosure to LO

Does disclosure to our Limerent/Love Object help?
AMA210

A Diffwrent View on Disclosure to LO

Post by AMA210 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:46 am

IMO, life is too short not to disclose to LO.
If I have feelings for someone, the desire to tell them about it is stronger than if they reciprocate or not. That in itself isn't important.
It's part of our human condition. We like to be told that we are lovable and that others besides our SO's see qualities that cause these responses.
I absolutely do not regret disclosing to my LO. It happened twice actually. The first time was because I wanted to know what his position was on our friendship and because the feelings I had were scary to me. The second time, via the letter, were more of an actual disclosure, which I am sure really didn't surprise him, given I had said things before that indicated I felt more than friendship. Although he probably was surprised at the depth of it.

Ramblings from me at this late hour.....

Pudding

Re: A Diffwrent View on Disclosure to LO

Post by Pudding » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:13 am

I don't disagree with it, and in your case, I would have disclosed also. There was a lot going on there and it seemed very plausible that there was reciprocation, even if neither of you was willing to act on it.

If the time comes for my LO to move on from our school and I am still limerent about him (please God don't let that be the case if he is still here for years to come!), I will have to say something. I know myself, and I couldn't let him walk out of my life forever without getting it out. I wouldn't be hoping for reciprocation: I sennibeason to think there is any and would almost rather there not be, as I'm married. I just feel like I would need it for closure or something.

If it weren't completely unprofessional/inappropriate I would disclose sooner but that would be so so wrong.

AMA210

Post by AMA210 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:10 pm

Have I changed my mind on disclosing to LO? No it is the same, 4 months later.
Should not have done multiple ones though. Should have stopped at the love one.

Now, I think on some level, and I dont know which level, child maybe, or what type of love....but I feel that I still love him....despite everything. For some reason, and maybe because of our similar childhood experiences (that I am presuming) that he needed to hear that from me. Again I don't know why. I feel he needs that in his life, to know that someone else out there cares about him.

It will be interesting to see if that changes with time, or not.

marko

Post by marko » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Had another long chat, she needs new work, non flirty but the way she stared at me while i was reinforcing her good qualities, I swear I was a goner. That idea we have not one possible future and the rejection of disclosure kept me on track. Vicariously i'd love to, but she'd have to be thick as a brick to not see trhough my brave face :x