(Book) The Limerent Mind: Permanently Beat Limerence and Shine

Book recommendations and book reviews. Please add reviews of any books you found helpful during your limerence recovery.
JP54
United States of America

(Book) The Limerent Mind: Permanently Beat Limerence and Shine

Post by JP54 »

Hello comrades in limerence! :)

I'm new here and I don't know if this was posted before. I was doing some Googling for limerence it came across this forum and also new book published by Lucy Bain aka hallucinogen?.

Link here
https://neurosparkle.com/the-limerent-mind/

It's also available on Amazon and ?cheaper. Unfortunately there are no Amazon reviews. I did the look inside on Amazon and read parts of the book and sounds like she's knowledgeable and has a first-hand experience with this Dreadful disease. The price is a fraction of 1 hour of psychotherapy. From what I'm hearing is not that effective.

So I'm asking you the esteemed limerence experts. Has anyone read the book? Is it worth the time effort and price?

JP54
United States of America

Re: (Book) The Limerent Mind: Permanently Beat Limerence and Shine

Post by JP54 »

I see no one read this ebook?

I purchased the kindle version on amazon for $10: (

I haven't read it yet except for the intro (free).

Only after the purchase I found another limerence ebook by Dr
l.: (

This one is only $3.5 or free with kindle unlimited. If i knew it before, I would buy it first.

I'll let you know if I like it and if helpful. So far I like the way Lucy writes. Quite Poetic.

What's wrong with the amazon links? Is it not OK to post links here?

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Not everybody has the money to spend on things like that right now. Also for future reference we do have a book section. Thanks for sharing!
"Byreeeeeeeen! Byreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!"

JP54
United States of America

Post by JP54 »

Jupiter T,

I’m sorry if I put it in the wrong forum. I hope you and the fellow forum members will forgive me. :)

I see what you mean about this not being completely free. But just because something is paid vs free it doesn’t mean it isn’t a good value. Psychotherapy is expensive. Is it like $50 per visit in USA; yes? Yet it’s recommended here even though a lot of memebers here have said it didn’t help much at least on the first visit; haha.

One of the books (the Dr L. one) can be free with kindle unlimited trial so that should be affordable for anyone; no?. I’m not familiar with that one though.

I started reading Lucy’s limerence book. I stopped at page 20 which doesn't sound like much but this is almost one third of the book already. I have to admit that Lucy writes well. There's a nice balance of scientific information and beautifully crafted language. It put me to sleep because I was tired last night. It’s actually a good thing. You don’t want to read too exciting book at night or won’t sleep. Her book requires concentration. I had to read some sentences more than once. When I got it it was an Aha! moment. I helped me to undestand that we get addicted to people while expecting and hoping for desirable outcome. ln case of limerence, we hope for being close emotionally, for physical contact, for sex, for life together. That itself triggers dopamine release and it’s addictive to vulnerable people with addictive tendencies. I noticed a similar thing happening with my recent friendship. I hoped to strike good and proper friendship with good and interesting person and be open, honest and helpfull while keeping all proper boundaries in place. To make the story short I got addicted to that person and it was very painful when didn’t hear from that person since.

Knowing what i know now I hope I won’t get sucked into another limerence or other form of person addiction.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I've decided I much prefer books over therapy.
"Byreeeeeeeen! Byreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!"

JP54
United States of America

Post by JP54 »

Thank you Jupiter for chiming in and keeping this dialog alive. :)

Thank you Admin/Mod for moving it to the better place. ;)

I’ve read some of the book in the last couple of night. It’s a short read but I’m proceeding slowly contemplating every sentence. One of the chapters is about why we’re limerent. Initially I was disturbed that my limerent/addictive tendencies could be due to my suppressed subconscious tendencies contrary to my commitment to monogamous life. That was a bummer to realize that and I was not sure how to proceed further with that.

A couple of days later I had more constructive ideas. maybe it’s about my huge need to love and be loved. Not just people. Maybe I need to channel my love better than to unavailable strangers (duh!). I need to express love better to the existing friends and family and coworkers. And be in love with ideas that make me tick and my mission in life. Express love in or by faith and spirituality.

BTW, regarding loving versus being in love. In love is the heightened state of dopamine signaling that is so addiction- or mania-prone in some susceptible people like us. That can lead to person addiction (limerence when coupled with romantic thoughts and feelings). Loving is the conscious decision and effort of commitment, caring and helping. It’s like gardening. Given enough effort and proper tools beautiful things happen and they have to be cherished and not taken for granted.

I’m hopeful now about my future. 20 more pages of the book yet to come.

JP54
United States of America

Post by JP54 »

I finished the book a few days ago and I now remembered to come back to wrap up this up. I ended up being emotional about the book as it revealed underlying issues some quite painful. At the end it was a positive and healing experience. I’m determined to work on my issues and concentrate on my main purpose of my life. I’m hoping all other fellow limerent persons here get interested in this book and use it to their healing advantage.

I suspect the tendency to be limerent is just a top of the iceberg. I believe it comes together with addictions to people, codependencies, other soft addictions and maladjusted ways we react in life in general. Seeing the way I reacted to the book I’m thinking the same changed mindset can work for all those. I’m hopeful at least.

If I get to read the other limerence books I’ll come back to report on them. Right now I’m concentrating on the message from this book.

I wish everyone luck and success on the exciting but difficult journey of recovery.

J.P.

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Is this JP person the author of this book trying for a hard sell lol?
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn

Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Iddy I swear I had the same thought :))
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Maddie wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:32 am
Iddy I swear I had the same thought :))
:-B =))
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn