UM, How Long?

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
loslabios
United States of America

UM, How Long?

Post by loslabios »

So, I was reading this website and mused some at this quote: "It is also incredibly comforting to know that unrequited infatuation very rarely lasts for more than 6-8 months, and often will fizzle out incredibly suddenly and much earlier than this" (https://pairedlife.com/love/infatuations). Perhaps that is true for most people, but I have passed the four year mark with my current LO. I went more than 20 years with a former LO. I went at least 4 years with the LO before that and with the LO before that. While I do not have the despair (severe depression + severe anxiety) I had a few years ago, I still have this resounding loneliness that my brain thinks she alone can fill. Rationally, I know that is displacement and that she cannot really fill that emptiness. However, my emotional side still thinks/feels this way. I go to bed at night wanting to say "I love you" to my current LO. I am waiting patiently for this to suddenly fizzle out. I am guessing it won't until the next LO comes along. I wish I was poetic and musically talented because I sure do wish I could make a profit off of this needless but uncontrollable suffering.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: UM, How Long?

Post by JupiterTaco »

Is there anything whatsoever that can take your mind off of your LO?
"Byreeeeeeeen! Byreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!"

loslabios
United States of America

Re: UM, How Long?

Post by loslabios »

Not for long. I started playing guitar again because that helps me think about something else. Even when I am teaching, LO is pretty much in my head.