BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

LC providing relief

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Re: LC providing relief

Post by peter.rabbit »

JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:33 pm Do you think you can be friends with her without the feelings?
I doubt it, considering my Limerence. However, in the past some months I've been making conscious efforts to constrain the obsessive thoughts. It's working, much in the same way as my effort to break 10+ years of rumination that had consumed my emotional energy, after my last divorce.
I'm NOT going on antidepressants, and therapy is probably beyond my reach, with the health coverage I have. I still would like to do some counseling sessions, but 80 mile round trips kinda takes the 'thrill' out of that venture.
JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:33 pmAnd even if so, are you 100% sure she won't use the "friend" situation to manipulate your feelings?
Nothing in this world is 100% certain, but she surely has had the opportunity to manipulate me, these past 6 years if she so desired. She is genuine, and just behaves appropriately.
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
Intelligent people ignore.
-Albert Einstein
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

peter.rabbit wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:47 pm
JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:33 pm Do you think you can be friends with her without the feelings?
I doubt it, considering my Limerence. However, in the past some months I've been making conscious efforts to constrain the obsessive thoughts. It's working, much in the same way as my effort to break 10+ years of rumination that had consumed my emotional energy, after my last divorce.
I'm NOT going on antidepressants, and therapy is probably beyond my reach, with the health coverage I have. I still would like to do some counseling sessions, but 80 mile round trips kinda takes the 'thrill' out of that venture.
JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:33 pmAnd even if so, are you 100% sure she won't use the "friend" situation to manipulate your feelings?
Nothing in this world is 100% certain, but she surely has had the opportunity to manipulate me, these past 6 years if she so desired. She is genuine, and just behaves appropriately.
Oh that's good then.
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit »

Eventhough LC does lower all of my Limerent tenancies and anxieties, as of late I'm concerned about her because she hasn't been on Facebook at all. As much as I'd like to text her and ask how she's doing, I'm just going to leave that poor woman alone to live her private life. I just have to keep focusing on the idea that I'm not her freakin' "boyfriend", Lol.

If life ever gets back to "normal" and we are in contact frequently like before, I'm sure the LE will power back up to full strength. <sigh>
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
-Albert Einstein
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit »

peter.rabbit wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:11 pm Eventhough LC does lower all of my Limerent tenancies and anxieties, as of late I'm concerned about her because she hasn't been on Facebook at all. As much as I'd like to text her and ask how she's doing, I'm just going to leave that poor woman alone to live her private life. I just have to keep focusing on the idea that I'm not her freakin' "boyfriend", Lol.

If life ever gets back to "normal" and we are in contact frequently like before, I'm sure the LE will power back up to full strength. <sigh>
...continuing down the path of life- I believe LC will continue, as our main venue for encounter was our small town fitness center, which is now extinct. We will still have limited interaction, mostly on FB, but no significant activity to spike those "reward" neurotransmitters. Of course, my Limerent mind will always be looking for opportunities. I mentioned in another thread having met her husband, he will be retiring in a few days, maybe he'll want to be buddies, I'll leave that to him to make that move. ;)
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
-Albert Einstein