BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Hijacked and failing

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
WishMagick

Re: Hijacked and failing

Post by WishMagick »

@Maddie, I have rallied support from my spouse on my person addiction. My husband understands that this has nothing to do with my LO. Or....rather...little to do with him.

If a spouse could understand that, then support is easier to give!

And my spouse has absolutely NO experience with addiction! Of any sort! I explain it to him over and over and he feels nothing but bewilderment and compassion for me. But I do realize that I am very very lucky to have him.
I'm now limerence free! Mindfulness & Traditional spiritualism was my "cure".
"Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness."
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

Cookie:

Just sending you love and good thoughts. You always have such good things to say on this forum.

Lately I've been thinking that I've intellectually understood limerence for a long time, but my emotional self still hasn't fully caught up.
Cookie
United States of America

Post by Cookie »

Acrobatica wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:38 am Cookie:

Just sending you love and good thoughts. You always have such good things to say on this forum.

Lately I've been thinking that I've intellectually understood limerence for a long time, but my emotional self still hasn't fully caught up.
Thank you, Acrobatica!! Your posts have really resonated recently, and I appreciate your candor and perspective.

Yes, the cognitive part is going well. The emotional part? Oof. Determined though not to repeat my mom's pattern of enabling abusive losers.
Person
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

I've noticed it as well.
I know all about it in my brain..
But when I feel sad without knowing, I find myself reaching for my new potential LO.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

WishMagick wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:29 pm @Maddie, I have rallied support from my spouse on my person addiction. My husband understands that this has nothing to do with my LO. Or....rather...little to do with him.
My DH also has no experience with addiction, and I have many. See you did the RIGHT thing by telling your DH about the person addiction before anything actually happened. I praise you for that!!! did you mention before that you and your DH are more open sexually? bc that may also affect how he responded to you saying that you kinda had a crush on LO. (if could be wrong about what you said, not trying to mis quote you)

because despite what I've done, my DH and I are painfully conservative (and I'm not saying that's necessarily good). I have an idea of how I would've told him pre-affair, even if it made him feel insecure. but there's no way in hell I'm opening up now and disclosing everything. I suppose I could still tell him that I'm obsessed with somebody else? that will lead to more questions. he may even contact this man (LO)!

please don't copy
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
WishMagick

Post by WishMagick »

@Maddie,

Yes, we are sexually open - BUT we didn't decide that until after this whole thing happened!

So, I told my husband that I thought our new neighbor was hot the first day I saw him. He thought it was hilarious. Then after we all met each other and started getting friendly, I told my husband that my attraction turned into a crush. And basically I was completely transparent with him the entire time. My husband said he would have no issues with me hooking up with LO if it was just about sex. So, it was this whole situation that brought to light that I AM still alive, and human and sexually attracted to other people. And I realize my DH is too. He's not rushing to have any encounters with anyone else, just as I'm not.

My LE is what made us discuss how our marriage can be open, sexually.

And we both get the appeal of polyamory! But, we both agree having relationships with others can and probably would get extremely complicated because not everyone is as honest and open about things as we are. It takes everyone involved to be honest and open to make polyamory work.
I'm now limerence free! Mindfulness & Traditional spiritualism was my "cure".
"Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness."