Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Self love?

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Idiotic

Re: Self love?

Post by Idiotic » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:51 am

JupiterTaco wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:32 am
Self-love doesn't necessarily mean forcing yourself to love yourself (heaven knows I've got a long way to go there)
Love yourself JT b-( b-( =)) :ymdevil:
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

crushed1234

Re: Self love?

Post by crushed1234 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:19 am

I’ve been working on making my inner kinder. Rather than beating myself up for just sitting on the couch watching TV (inner voice saying I should be using this time to do laundry, work out, read, journal, meditate etc) just be ok with that this night it’s not going to happen. And it’s ok. Even when thoughs around LO comes up I have to stop my inner voice from saying “it’s been 6 months, why on earth can’t these thoughts just stay away for good”. Because he stirred up a lifetime of issues that is going to take a long time to unravel... and when the occasional heartbreak and yuckiness come to the surface I try to not beat myself up. Practicing kindness towards ourselves is HARD but if we can’t be kind to ourselves we certainly can’t love ourselves.