Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

LO's SO

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
french girl

Re: LO's SO

Post by french girl » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:05 am

sherlocked wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:34 am
Neither of us can talk to one another without blushing, stumbling over words, and eyes darting around the room in a serious struggle to avoid eye contact. It's obvious he knows that I know that he knows I have weird limerent feelings for him. #:-s
(...)
But now I feel like he might be enjoying little excuses to talk to me.

I don't know. I'm over limerence. I'm too tired for all this.
Even for grown-up men, the nostalgic charm of a fifth grade romance can be irresistible, it seems...
It's a bit infuriating that he seems to enjoy playing this game when you've just become tired of it, though...

townshend
United States of America

Post by townshend » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 pm

Last edited by townshend on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
No good has ever come from feeling guilty neither intelligence, policy, nor compassion. The guilty do not pay attention to the object but only to themselves and not even to their own interests, which might make sense, but to their anxieties. -Paul Goodman

townshend
United States of America

Post by townshend » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:52 pm

Last edited by townshend on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
No good has ever come from feeling guilty neither intelligence, policy, nor compassion. The guilty do not pay attention to the object but only to themselves and not even to their own interests, which might make sense, but to their anxieties. -Paul Goodman

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Cookie wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm
None of my LOs have ever had SOs, at least while I've been with them or known them.

They are lonely hearts, washed-up losers, drunks/addicts, mental cases, or all of the above. Several were from wealthy (but messed up) families.

My current LO may be the worst yet -- I can't find a shred of evidence that he ever had any kind of previous relationship, despite the fact he's 50.

Perfect! Totally completes the FOO circle with my mom's house full of "strays," as my dad used to call them.
My former LOs were almost all that way and they almost all eventually managed to find someone. The only one I'll always be unsure of is most recent LO.
"Don't look through their eyes. Look through your eyes".-Kutch, Edge Of America

townshend
United States of America

Post by townshend » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:04 am

My coworker talked to LOs wife for me to straighten something out, beforehand saying "you know how she can be it depends on how you approach it...does she like you?" I said "I think she does..Im pretty sure but its hard to know because I dont like her." My coworker says "well she wasnt always like this. Its all the medications. You know she's bipolar." Multiple people have given me the "she wasnt always like this, its the medication" line not sure if anyone has said flat out before its bipolar. But I also heard worse from a mutual good friend. So I wasnt surprised but I dont ask follow up questions when people talk about it...like how does everyone know all the details, she doesnt know how to keep things to herself so maybe she tells everyone? I'm curious why its common knowledge and the timeline of all of it. Its funny that she keeps no secrets it feels like and LO is like a vault. He only occasionally lets info slip as a byproduct of some joke or comment. (See: toxic masculinity). We have a lot of mutual facebook friends and I keep checking if she commented or reacted to certain things. She recently commented about another emotional turmoil type thing. I know i look to get clues about LO and i know i shouldnt.

Recently, I was talking to a random man who was super pleasant and ended up being friend with LO and his wife. We talk a lot about Star Trek, he told me she loves it too. Which I didnt want to hear because I dont need people making her relatable...(Then LO walked by and he asked LO about his gym routine..so I buried my face in my phone and tried not to hear any of it.) But like there are legit reasons I dont like her despite me just being disgustingly envious. But I did like her when I first started working here. I wonder a bit where I would land between some truly terrible things she's said and annoying things shes done v. whatever those redeeming qualities are if she wasnt married to him.
I know they do have some important things in common and similarities I wouldn't put up with but that are part of who they both are.
And I wonder a lot about him. I dont have an delusions about me being the fix or something. But i wonder how its been for him, how he feels about or deals w everyone knowing all these details, i wonder if they're happy and what their day to day is like.

There have also been a couple times recently where her oath overlapped mine and she tried talking to me. And we rarely cross paths and I avoid so well when its possible we do but I've found its not just that I dont want to talk to her or Im trying to avoid... But that it really fucks me up. I just feel so bad after any interaction. It cant be guilt since I havent done anything. Just like so sad. Like the original replies in this thread, like running into a brick wall, again and again. I think she just personifies why hes unattainable so everytime she tries to talk to me its not just me being bitter and wanting to avoid, its like being taunted basically and it actually makes me sad not bitter or jealous or whatever and i just want to be left alone. So there's that.

townshend
United States of America

Post by townshend » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:28 pm

I need to log out of facebook for awhile or something. I keep checking posts by our mutual friends to see if/what shes commented. Including a post by someone, on of those "i was tagged by___ to do the I love my spouse challenge post two pictures everyday for 7 days of you and your spouse to promote happy marriages and tag two more people___" this person tagged her, i cant see if she ever did it bc we're not friends but she didnt even like the post. But its just bad when I start looking out for these things because the need for information and the thought of what those pictures would be, possibility of them being throwbacks, what hed look like, etc and the assumptions of what shes thinking, ie not liking the post, she had to see it, then does that mean they dont have a happy marriage??, just wanting to be her friend on there so i can see stuff about him (but also the fact I couldnt pretend to be her real life friend if i wanted to so thats not gonna happen) it all just nags so badly. %-(