BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Songs to help us move on and heal from limerence

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
LisaTranscending

Re: Songs to help us move on and heal from limerence

Post by LisaTranscending »

my friends are all fractured now. one married couple ended up staying friends with ex (I left town so they maintained contact). It's so weird, I bump into them about town now that I returned, and they get all emotional. The wife is like, "Can't we get together again?" my ex and kids even spent holiday time with them this past season. It was weird knowing how wonderful a time they were having, and I was not there.
I made a joke about I could have some visitation friendship with them, and the wife who I really love wants to get together.. but...it's not practical. they spend so much time with ex (who is from the same country as the husband)so...I'm out on that friendship. and I think it's also part of my moving on and creating another "story"? another "persona"?

another close friend left the area... which requires coordination and travel to get together. never got too close to the other marrieds whose kids are in the same grade as mine (even though I get the occasional invite to a social gathering). I have musician friends, but i'm not really reaching out to anyone. in fact, I'm not really wanting friends right now. so, still hiding out to some degree. don't know why.

I don't know that I'm creating a different me. I'm not sure what this alone time signifies. but..in all honesty, truth be told, I'm enjoying it.
I miss the closeness of the couple friend we had. but i can't build a life around that. or a social life around it. I will just have to make some new friends and I suppose they won't be married couples now. (which is weird too kind of).
LisaTranscending

this song kind of sums it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiHhTdg8qrc
JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux »

LisaTranscending wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:44 pm ... I'm not really wanting friends right now. so, still hiding out to some degree. don't know why......I'm not sure what this alone time signifies. but..in all honesty, truth be told, I'm enjoying it.
Sorry to hear about these broken friendships, Lisa, and yet I'm glad to see that there is some calm enjoyment still to be had in the transition. In the 'never say never' department, the older I get the more surprises arrive in the form of past friendships that can be rekindled in one way or another and from unexpected mediums. In a late-life immersion in that horror of horrors, FaceBook, SO has "reconnected" recently with some friends and cousins from her distant past. Quotations around reconnected indicate that no direct connection had existed with some of these cousins....they were from limbs of the family tree with whom her mother actively curtailed any association. So in some cases SO is having her first real (virtual?) conversations with them, bringing forth some expected revelations along with understandable tears over lost connections that "might have been....". But she's glad for even this chance.

There is a hauntedness in the LE aftermath, that is for sure.....old memories and confidantes searching for their place and space in the new home....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Iw-UqNegc
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Jung
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carl Jung
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carl Jung
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Jung
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Jung
LisaTranscending

the proof is in the fire you touch before it moves away.....but you must always know how long to stay...and when to go.

......................................the beauty of just letting go.