Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

NC unexpectedly broken

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Ivanhoe

Re: NC unexpectedly broken

Post by Ivanhoe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 am

L-F wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:58 am
Even if it were “natural,” there’s nothing innocent or harmless or healthy about older men pursuing substantially younger women. The cost is high to everyone involved.
Speaking as an older man, I would have a hard time “hitting on” someone younger than say 50. What would we have in common?Does not mean I don’t notice a well-turned heel ;;)
But then again I’m single and my son is 29.
65 (feel 50); Male

"Grief makes children of us all. Any intellectual difference is destroyed. The wisest know nothing."
- Emerson

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 am

Ivanhoe wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 am
L-F wrote:
Even if it were “natural,” there’s nothing innocent or harmless or healthy about older men pursuing substantially younger women. The cost is high to everyone involved.
Speaking as an older man, I would have a hard time “hitting on” someone younger than say 50. What would we have in common?Does not mean I don’t notice a well-turned heel ;;)
:D
I think the article was more aimed at 40 something men oogling the 20 something age group.

The 50 something would be a breeze for you. Even 40 something. But my guess is you'd be attracted to an emotionally mature and financially secure lady, not a trophy wife/partner to make you feel young.

As the article says...
Here’s the brutal truth, guys. Teen and 20-something women aren’t nearly as interested in much older men as you may think. Sure, there are high school girls with Johnny Depp fantasies, but guess what? You’re not Johnny Depp. (If you were that 48-year-old actor, you’d be devoted to your 38-year-old French girlfriend.) Yes, some young women do flirt with older men. Some do it for validation, some do it for excitement, but a hell of a lot of them do it because guys like you have already taught them that’s the only thing that older men want.

And I think people don't take their projections (on innocent LOs) seriously. Its a topic that irks SO, he says "why do men project their insecurities of old age onto innocent girls?"
No one is coming to save you.
This life is 100% your responsibility.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:14 am

Ivanhoe wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:30 am
L-F wrote:
To be fair, I think noticing someone is completely different from ogling them to the point they feel uncomfortable, or leering at them while licking your lips or something like that. :D
"God grant me the serenity, to just remember who I am"-Games People Play by Joe South

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 am

JupiterTaco wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:14 am
To be fair, I think noticing someone is completely different from ogling them to the point they feel uncomfortable, or leering at them while licking your lips or something like that. :D
I wonder if I did this in my limerence haze =))

Knowing me... probably!

x_x
No one is coming to save you.
This life is 100% your responsibility.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 am

L-F wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 am
JupiterTaco wrote:
I wonder if I did this in my limerence haze =))

Knowing me... probably!

x_x
I think we all do that. :))
"God grant me the serenity, to just remember who I am"-Games People Play by Joe South

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:24 am

At the risk of having LF hate me i still declare that when im older i will date younger women if i happen to like them, and if they will have me :-??
Im not having kids so no emotional abuse passed on :-B
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 pm

L-F wrote:
Even if it were “natural,” there’s nothing innocent or harmless or healthy about older men pursuing substantially younger women. The cost is high to everyone involved. While a few young women may be attracted to much older guys (often because they falsely imagine themselves to be “so much more mature” than “other girls” their age), most are like Amber—disheartened and disgusted by the endless parade of men 10, 20, or 40 years older who harass and hit on them. These young women aren’t flattered. And even if they seem flattered at the time, it doesn’t mean the attention from older men isn’t doing great harm.

https://goodmenproject.com/featured-con ... ung-women/
I completely agree. Old men have no business pursuing younger girls. That's in fact the reason I never pursue anything like that. Even with LO, I said from day one, and repeated it each and every time, that pursuing her is the last thing I want to do (and so far I managed to do thanks God, in spite of all the impulse to the contrary).
But OK, I see that if I comment on what feel for LO, or the impressions I get on a younger women, perhaps even about detecting a connection that is there, not one that I'm intentionally building, it might be miss-interpreted as implying I want to make something happen, or at least make them notice it. I don't, neither, so I'll be more careful next time and be more clear on what I'm really saying to avoid this mismatched debate, because I totally agree with you, is just miss-applied.

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:24 pm

JupiterTaco wrote:
Exactly :)

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:11 pm

There were only a couple of times I was interested in older men and it was about my daddy issues than anything else. I did have a crush on a friend's dad once, which I even told her about. #-o But that didn't mean I wanted to have sex with him or something. He was just pretty much the only decent father figure in the life of anyone I knew.