Chronic Illness and Limerence

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
FreeBird

Chronic Illness and Limerence

Post by FreeBird » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:29 pm

I wasn't sure if there was a thread on this topic already. If you are someone who lives with a chronic illness or chronic pain, when your limerence is in full force, does it trigger a flare-up of your symptoms or not? I was just thinking about the whole mind-body-spirit connection. Do you feel or notice the symptoms less?

Since my LE trigger is so recent, I'm trying to suss out if it has affected my chronic pain condition these past two months. :-\
"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing."-Blaise Pascal
"An unexamined life is not worth living"- Plato's Apology
"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear"-Buddhist proverb(?)

Spinnaker

Re: Chronic Illness and Limerence

Post by Spinnaker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 pm

x_x
Last edited by Spinnaker on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs."

Wally Lamb, The Hour I First Believed

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:46 pm

:)) I hear ya'! Any port in a storm ;)

I want to say my pain level has been around 3 or 4 since LO contacted me which is weird because humidity and rainy summers have never been my friend this time of year.

Great. :-w Not only does LO have the power to hypnotise me...he has healing powers on top of that! =:)

Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:03 pm

These foods help boost dopamine naturally.

Legumes
Almonds, sesame and pumpkin seeds
Apples, avocados, bananas, watermelon
Beets, green leafy vegetables, sea vegetables
Chocolate
Coffee and green tea
Oatmeal
Turmeric
Wheat germ

Exercise helps, too.
Last edited by Spinnaker on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The seeker embarks on a journey to find what he wants and discovers, along the way, what he needs."

Wally Lamb, The Hour I First Believed

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 pm

All foods I like :D

My chiropractor has given me a gluten free diet to follow that has had some great benefits in reducing inflammation as well. I do acupuncture and massage therapy for pain management. My goal is to be able to go back to taking walks for 30 minutes to 1 hour and hopefully weight training.

Sounds like you are on top of things, Spinnaker!! :-bd

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm having a bad pain flare today. Physically I feel miserable and I'm tempted to text my "analgesic" aka LO. Could really use that rush of endorphins to cure what ails me right about now. Maybe I just need a good cry :(( Maybe get in some pain relieving yoga stretches...

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:54 pm

FreeBird wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:29 pm
I wasn't sure if there was a thread on this topic already. If you are someone who lives with a chronic illness or chronic pain, when your limerence is in full force, does it trigger a flare-up of your symptoms or not? I was just thinking about the whole mind-body-spirit connection. Do you feel or notice the symptoms less?

Since my LE trigger is so recent, I'm trying to suss out if it has affected my chronic pain condition these past two months. :-\
Great question. Over the path of my limerence I came to realise i hold my trauma in my body. Whilst not specifically triggered by contact with LO, I became aware the trigger for me was contact with my FOO. This would manifest as non specific joint inflammation that the rheumatologists could not explain.

That said, when LO broke the news to me she had got engaged (some years ago now) , the next day my knee flared up to the point where I was bed-bound.

Since going NC with my flying monkey sisters, my joints have been great. A recent episode of my narc father's acting out has left me with an inflamed hand - it flits from one joint to another, normally knees, ankles and elbows but never the hands before.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Relationship Coaching, Couples Counselling & Psychotherapy see http://loverelations.co.uk

Male 57

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 pm

David wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Since going NC with my flying monkey sisters, my joints have been great.
Now there is one cure that Pfizer will not be able to patent! B-)

But agreed and one might even be able to expand on this. Dovetailing on David's comments, to what extent is some form(s) of depression, intertwined with flare-ups of one pain or another, a "chronic illness". Seem when you look around at friends, co-workers, etc., there are many who may fit into this category. I had a friend who was a rehab physician who claimed that over 50% of his work, when not prescribing pain medication or behavioral changes to to people's lives, was serving as "psychotherapist", for which he was not trained. But most often people wanted to lament about their lives, which to him were more clearly the underlying sources of their physically-manifested pain. Certainly I would fall into the realm of "chronic morose disposition" to which some physical discomforts could be attributed. Add to that the distinct life transitions/challenges occurring at the opportune time and the conditions were right for the LEs to begin.

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:57 am

Gentlemen, I agree.

I asked my rheumatologist if the sudden onset of symptoms/pain was my body's way of grieving. He couldn't say for sure. My parents deaths were close together and I got progressively worse after each death. Also factor in that I am no spring chicken, anyway, and have a family history of autoimmune/rheumatoid diseases.

Man, where was LO/LE's magic touch today?! It was a bear getting through the day today! Yet another reason LE ain't worth it: inconsistent for pain relief :-q

DelusionGirl

Post by DelusionGirl » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:00 am

I have inexplicable joint pain since the last 2 years of LE