Chronic Illness and Limerence

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
FreeBird

Chronic Illness and Limerence

Post by FreeBird » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:29 pm

I wasn't sure if there was a thread on this topic already. If you are someone who lives with a chronic illness or chronic pain, when your limerence is in full force, does it trigger a flare-up of your symptoms or not? I was just thinking about the whole mind-body-spirit connection. Do you feel or notice the symptoms less?

Since my LE trigger is so recent, I'm trying to suss out if it has affected my chronic pain condition these past two months. :-\
"An unexamined life is not worth living"~Plato's Apology

Spinnaker

Re: Chronic Illness and Limerence

Post by Spinnaker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Freebird
My rheumatologist had me try Caymbalta for fibromyalgia. In a matter of days, I thought it had worked like a miracle cure. However, I fell limerent within a few months too.

The rush of limerence I found was a natural pain killer. Easy to test....cuz I have pain almost every day. ~x( Post limerence I was still not hurting as bad. I became depressed enough that I chose to go back on Wellbutrin which meant I had to go off of Cymbalta. I was at the point where I'd rather be in pain than be depressed. Wellbutrin is working great for the depression.

I'm used to the pain. Many people have it much worse and if I am smart and don't stand for too long I am fine.
I can say that a climax seems to release endorphins as well as a limerence rush. Not the same rush, but pain relief nonetheless. How I know this ?? [-x hmmmm? =))
"Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement".

Fred Brooks

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:46 pm

:)) I hear ya'! Any port in a storm ;)

I want to say my pain level has been around 3 or 4 since LO contacted me which is weird because humidity and rainy summers have never been my friend this time of year.

Great. :-w Not only does LO have the power to hypnotise me...he has healing powers on top of that! =:)

Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Surely you know I am not encouraging to think of LO between the sheets. I was only saying it helps with pain. :-bd

These foods help boost dopamine naturally.

Legumes
Almonds, sesame and pumpkin seeds
Apples, avocados, bananas, watermelon
Beets, green leafy vegetables, sea vegetables
Chocolate
Coffee and green tea
Oatmeal
Turmeric
Wheat germ

Also, I find my cardio kickboxing classes help too. You'd think punching a bag would be too much force for fibro pain, but not at all in my case.
I used joint compression techniques for sensory integration dysfunction with my daughter and it seemed to work wonders. Much like deep pressure massage or joint compressions, punching a bag IMO is quite theraputic.
"Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement".

Fred Brooks

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 pm

All foods I like :D

My chiropractor has given me a gluten free diet to follow that has had some great benefits in reducing inflammation as well. I do acupuncture and massage therapy for pain management. My goal is to be able to go back to taking walks for 30 minutes to 1 hour and hopefully weight training.

Sounds like you are on top of things, Spinnaker!! :-bd