Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Grateful to have a vocabulary for this!

Tell us your story. What has been your experience?
JohnDeux

Re: Grateful to have a vocabulary for this!

Post by JohnDeux » Wed May 30, 2018 8:09 pm

Nerissa wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:13 pm
Do you suppose the juxtaposition of limerance and humiliation has to do with shame, or a shame bound personality, unconsciously wanting punishment? And when the person becomes more aware and integrated, that aspect lessens?
I certainly think some version of "Crime and Punishment" is a work within an LE that partially or wholly drives the shame aspect. And like that video that Spinnaker shared of Eckhard Tolle's on "The Pain Body", I think there is this need to keep anxiety and discomfort fed and alive, as contradictory as that sounds. Keeping pain and discomfort alive for no good reason tends to suggest the Freudian 'Compulsion to Repeat' past trauma in some form....and it's up to the suffer to try to figure out why they keep hitting the 'restart' button over and over again on that dance. But also to add that I do feel 'awareness' + 'integration' of some sorts will lessen this pendulum swing from elation to shame and there will be greater even-ness to the average day. All takes time for this to occur, of course...

Re: The T-shirt.....Gosh!, thanks for the thumbs up! I'll notify the printers ASAP!.. :)) B-)
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz

FreeBird

Re: Grateful to have a vocabulary for this!

Post by FreeBird » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:17 pm

David wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:05 am

And 20 years sadly is no record for LE. 50 years is the longest i've come across.

Hope you get some more insights here.
What David said^.

I'm 34 years LE (off and on). You have found the right forum for information, empathy, motivation, and encouragement to get beyond LE. Welcome, tifr! :-h