Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Lim as in bin or lime as in pine?

Tell us your story. What has been your experience?
Spinnaker
United States of America

Re: Lim as in bin or lime as in pine?

Post by Spinnaker » Wed May 16, 2018 1:30 am

Id The Larry David comment pointed me closer to her "potential" limerent thinking. Ever since she tripped at the Oscars and delt with the aftermath with such confidence I've appreciated watching her. Agree, she is talking like a kid....most of today's Hollywood stars seem young to me any more. :((

I like to think in an interview like this she's playing a part but also putting a piece of herself out there which is more child like and imperfect purposefully. Could she be a talented, genuine and intelligent woman who knows exactly what she is doing?!? I hope so. Love her comedic talents! Wish they had more comedy scripts with leading roles for female actors. Don't even get me started on THAT topic! =))

Promise I'm not limerent over her. She is mighty fine tho. ;))
Last edited by Spinnaker on Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 am

Spinnaker wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:30 am
Love her comedic talents! Wish they had more comedy scripts with leading roles for female actors. Don't even get me started on THAT topic! =))

Promise I'm not limerent over her. She is mighty fine tho. ;))
I agree J law has great comic timing, i mean i shes an actor with range, cos she was quite good in serious roles like Winter's bone and others , but they are nothing compared to her roles with comedic potential , i found her hilarious in Silver lining playbook, and in American Hustle and even Joy. I didn't really like any of these movies, but she was really funny in them. Just give her more dark comedies and make her shine. (*)
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:06 pm

JohnDeux wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:13 pm
Idiotic wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 7:25 pm
I have a narrator voice in my head too. In fact ive given 'voices' to everyone on this forum and i read it in their voice!
Yes, absolutely true for me as well....although I won't reveal the different voice-overs that I've somehow conjured up for the different members.....like limerence itself, it's "out of my control"!.. B-)

It was some years back in another laboratory that I worked in and my co-worker, a woman somewhat older than me who was deeply involved in a book club, was asking me about some book she was immersed in at the time. I started prattling on about how I had read that book (perhaps a John Le Carre?) with Michael Gambon's voice as the narrator and as I continued absentmindedly to joke about the narrator in my head, I finally looked up and asked her who her internal narrator sounded like. She looked at me as if she was wondering if she should call security,.....like I had revealed myself as the psychopath I was trying to hide. Sooooooo.....I guess this is not something everyone does. So I asked her to poll her reading group, and at least among that group of ~10 women, only 2 others claimed to be "possessed" by an internal narrator. I'm thinking there's an entire PhD thesis to be investigated here with the phenomenon as readers seem to fall so cleanly into the "haves" and "have nots" with regard to this inner story-teller.
Just bumping up this thread cos i read and article and was vaguely reminded of this conversation.
It about the inner voice, not exactly our narrators voice that we talked about but its interesting still....

https://aeon.co/essays/our-inner-narrat ... se-of-self

"Thanks to the accuracy of DES, Hurlburt has found thought patterns associated with various clinical populations, including those with schizophrenia, bulimia nervosa, and autism. In a sample of bulimic participants, for instance, he’s found the propensity for multiple inner voices experienced at the same time."
My mother has told me something similar, when she recalls her schizophrenic episodes she said it was as if another voice inside her was telling her to do something, a voice that was different from hers but not her own, though it wasnt an auditory hallucination, it was still a voice in her head.
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)