Hello there from a new member.

Tell us your story. What has been your experience?
Alisonlouise

Hello there from a new member.

Post by Alisonlouise » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:24 pm

Hello everyone, just to introduce myself. I am a female now approaching 50 and have been in a state of limerence since the age of 8! Nearly always teachers which has continued into adult education. I have moved 10 times to start again and remove myself from the LO and the fool I made of myself, but someone else always appears who affects me in this way. This time I managed 5 months limerence free in my new town before coming into contact with the new LO , who caused an instant 'chemical reaction' in me and I have been obsessed ever since.
I also have a diagnosis of 'Aspergers' which is a form of high functioning Autism, in case anyone isn't familiar with the term. Apparently we are prone to Limerence due to problems with relating to others and struggling with creating real friendships and relationships.
I came across the term "Limerence' a couple of years ago after extensive research , and it has really helped understanding the condition, and finding this forum.
I am trying to be friendly towards the LO and not get 'over familiar' as in previous cases, but it is hard due to the Aspergers as I can not read body language and facial expressions like other people can. It also makes it easier to read what you want into the LO's behaviour towards you. Trying desperately to stop suffering from this awful affliction but it is so hard!

marko

Re: Hello there from a new member.

Post by marko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 am

Welcome here, most of us are about where you are and it's tough. I work with people on the spectrum and it seems it could make this extra hard. Lots of support here, we all need it.

Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 am

Hello Alisonlouise-

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find this online support, help you overcome your tendencies to repeat old patterns of falling limerent.

Hey, I'm approaching 50, too. Woohoo!

I have a 19 year old daughter with high functioning ASD too. Even living in a large metropolitan area, it was very difficult for me to find her all female peer group. I basically had to start my own. Since it's so much less common in females, I was curious what age you were diagnosed.

Moving 10 times due to limerence is significant. I feel for you. The support you will find here can educate, explore and eventually give you what you need to move forward with your life leaving limerent ways behind.

Spinnaker
:ymhug:
Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul.
Walt Whitman

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12 am

Welcome to the forum! I don't know if I'm an Aspie but I'm pretty socially stunted myself, it can make things harder. Just know there is lots of support on here!
"Be careful with your heart and what you love, make sure that it was sent from above"-John Mellencamp/India.Arie Peaceful World

Alisonlouise

Post by Alisonlouise » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:36 pm

marko wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:03 am
Welcome here, most of us are about where you are and it's tough. I work with people on the spectrum and it seems it could make this extra hard. Lots of support here, we all need it.

Thanks so much for your reply and it is good that I am here where people understand this condition!

Alisonlouise

Post by Alisonlouise » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Spinnaker wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:51 am
Hello Alisonlouise-

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find this online support, help you overcome your tendencies to repeat old patterns of falling limerent.

Hey, I'm approaching 50, too. Woohoo!

I have a 19 year old daughter with high functioning ASD too. Even living in a large metropolitan area, it was very difficult for me to find her all female peer group. I basically had to start my own. Since it's so much less common in females, I was curious what age you were diagnosed.

Moving 10 times due to limerence is significant. I feel for you. The support you will find here can educate, explore and eventually give you what you need to move forward with your life leaving limerent ways behind.

Spinnaker
:ymhug:
Hello Spinnaker, thanks for your reply. I am so glad that you have started up an ASD group for your daughter, and I am sure it will benefit her and others with AS.
I was diagnosed very late, at age 44 , 5 years ago. I first head about ASperger Syndrome when I got a job working with people with this condition in 1998. I went on an introuductory course about it, and it was a revelation, and at last explained all my difficulties. I also observed the traits in the people I worked with , who needed more every day help.
Yes the frequent moves have been unsettling, every time trying not to mess everything up! I will keep trying. !

Alisonlouise

Post by Alisonlouise » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:44 pm

JupiterTaco wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:12 am
Welcome to the forum! I don't know if I'm an Aspie but I'm pretty socially stunted myself, it can make things harder. Just know there is lots of support on here!
Hello JupiterTaco, thanks for your support and I totally get the 'socially stunted' thing!