Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Have you succeeded? But what is success to you?

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel. Or maybe life is never the same after limerence. Read how others have coped with limerence in the longer term. Please feel free to post your own accounts of journeying through limerence.
Joanna 2

Have you succeeded? But what is success to you?

Post by Joanna 2 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:48 pm

-
Last edited by Joanna 2 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L-F
United States of America

Re: Have you succeeded? But what is success to you?

Post by L-F » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Beautiful JB!

Success to me is not peeing my pants when in a fit of laughter where I snort, giggle and snort some more to the point my ribs and face hurt.

Someone holding my hand when I take my last breath and knowing they want to be there as opposed to feeling obligated.

Living with the yuck times and taking it on the chin - nothing in this world is perfect right? And just when you think it is, it changes.

Success is dying of natural causes and not topping myself - such a shittyarse world in which we live what with pollution, greed, nuclear weapons, hunger, disease, etc.

Success is being able to do the birdy, skinny dipping, pulling a moon, and riding on the back of a Harley with a big burly man... all at the age of 90+

Success is waking up and laughing at life.
No one is coming to save you.
This life is 100% your responsibility.

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:33 am

Joanna 2 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:48 pm
To laugh often and much, be it at your silly mistakes or other's,
to win respect of intelligent but humble people;
and the affection of children;
to earn the appreciation of honest and authentic critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends and lovers;
to appreciate beauty;
to find the best in others (always, always, always);
to leave the world a bit better place
whether by a healthy child,
a garden patch, or a
redeemed social condition;
to know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived.

This is to have succeeded.

------
Thanks for sharing J2. I was once asked by a journalist pre-limerence if was I successful? Materialistic, yes and yet I knew much was missing from my life.

Over the past few years, I have pondered what is success? This list pretty much sums it up for me. Think ill print it up and stick on the fridge to keep me grounded.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Professional Coaching / Therapy see http://loverelations.co.uk/limerence

Male 58

marko
United States of America

Post by marko » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:15 pm

I've lived that life, you are thought of as a loser. It's like everyone wants to be the boss, the boss wants to be a worker. Success as contentment is seen as no drive underachiever. Maybe why I like alone, no one to crowd your happy thought of the glorious sun setting. Looking for someone not to crap on my energy was another factor that led me to my LO. Must be a grumpy Monday morning.

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:09 pm

L-F wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:23 pm

Living with the yuck times and taking it on the chin - nothing in this world is perfect right? And just when you think it is, it changes.
I am diggin' this sentence right here
LE has ended

Joanna 2

Post by Joanna 2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:16 pm

-
Last edited by Joanna 2 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joanna 2

Post by Joanna 2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:17 pm

-
Last edited by Joanna 2 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joanna 2

Post by Joanna 2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:18 pm

-
Last edited by Joanna 2 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matty5000
Canada

Post by Matty5000 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:37 am

An excerpt from the wonderful book "The subtle art of not giving a F**k" by Marc manson
"in 1983, a talented young guitarist was kicked out of his band in the worst possible way. The band had just been signed to a record deal, and they were about to record their first album. But a couple days before recording began, the band showed the guitarist the door-no warning, no discussion, no dramatic blowout; they literally woke him up one day by handing him a bus ticket home.
...by the time the bus hit LA, the guitarist had gotten over his self pity and had vowed to start a new band. He decided that this new band would be so successful that his old band would forever regret their decision.
... and so the guitarist worked as if possessed by a musical demon... he wrote dozens of songs and practiced religiously. His seething anger fueled his ambition; revenge became his muse. Within a couple years he signed a record deal of his own, and a year after that their first record would go gold.
The guitarists name was Dave Mustaine, and the new band he formed was the legendary heavy metal band Megadeath. Megadeath would go on to sell over 25 million albums and tour the world many times over. Today, Mustaine is considered one of the most brilliant and influential musicians in heavy-metal history.
The band he was kicked out of was METALLICA.
In a rare interview in 2003, a tearful Mustaine admitted that he couldn't help but still consider himself a failure. Despite all that he had accomplished, in HIS mind he would always be the guy who was kicked out of Metallica.
We're apes. We think we're all sophisticated with our toaster ovens and designer footwear, but we're just a bunch of finely ornamented apes. And because we are apes we instinctually measure ourselves against others and vie for status. The question is not WHETHER we evaluate ourselves against others; rather, the question is by what standard do we measure ourselves?
Dave Mustaine, whether he realized it or not, chose to measure himself by whether he was more successful and popular than Metallica. The experience of being thrown out was so painful for him that he adopted success relative to Metallica as the metric by which to measure himself and his music career."

The moral of the story is this... don't get kicked out of Metallica.

Just kidding, the moral is only you can choose the metric.
Other people make excellent mirrors.
Male: 35