Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

A long time ago...

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel. Or maybe life is never the same after limerence. Read how others have coped with limerence in the longer term. Please feel free to post your own accounts of journeying through limerence.
L-F
United States of America

A long time ago...

Post by L-F » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:17 am

A long time ago there was this naïve Womanchild who believed the world was her oyster. She had an Ogre for a father, and a mother who was emotionally dead. One was overly invested in her life while the other barely paid attention.

Then one day she met her saviour. A quiet gentle-man. Clearly the opposite of her father. Life was a bouquet of roses for many many years. So beautiful she had to pinch herself.

They say things can change in a blink of an eye. And. It did.

Her.

In one day, one moment, two strangers cross paths. Womanchild wanted to run. She wanted to hide for unknown reasons before they got within 40 feet of each other. Womanchild had the most dreadful feeling though could not make sense of it. Adrenalin pumping, stomach churning, fear.

That fear later turned to curiosity, then... lust, but not before the year was out. A year of blissful ignorance to what lay in store. Years of torment between the heart and head which tore at the soul. Poor Womanchild... limited understanding of this thing, this horrid thing called limerence. But worst of all, limited understanding of herself. Who or what she had become.

As time went by Womanchild started to pull all pieces together. Upbringing. Self-esteem. Shadow self. Past choices. Intergenerational trauma. The list was long and ugly.

Slowly Womanchild started to unravel the unknown, hear the unspoken and see the unseen. It was painful at times, yet less painful than remaining frozen in time. One foot back, then sideways, together, then forward ... a slow waltz.

Before Womanchild knew it, her steps started speeding up where she was free to move to life's organic unrhythmic beat. She started to see the world differently. Her self-compassion had grown, her authenticity too. More self aware and childishly happy with her devilish side, she was free. Free from the grips of limerence.

And rather than this being the end of the story, it is merely only the beginning. The beginning of a story of unconditional love. One where Womanchild extends her well wishes to her parents, and to all those in lala-land.
Last edited by L-F on Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: A long time ago...

Post by JupiterTaco » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Beautiful story, L-F! I hope one day Angryriverchild can forgive her parents and well...a lot of people. :D
"How can I believe when this cloud hangs over me, you're the part of me that I don't want to see"-Forget It-Breaking Benjamin

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:48 pm

This is so lovely, L-F O:-) Thank you for sharing it!

AMA210
United States of America

Post by AMA210 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:59 pm

Simply beautiful and written from the heart. Ahh, a gentle-man.... :)

If I would have read this nearly a year ago, I would not have understood any of it. In fact, I probably would have started rambling on how I am waiting for LO to stop this.

I can relate very well with this WomanChild. :ymhug:
53 years old, married for 27 years
LE was 22 months and LO works four blocks from my home

"Always moving forward"

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Yes you have come a long way AM :) if I had this board whilst limerent, I'm sure I would have overcome it sooner. Though this board has helped me to dig deeper and understand more.
Last edited by L-F on Sun May 06, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
A first date question: "how aware are you of your traumas and suppressed emotions, and tell me how you are actively working to heal them before you project that shit on me?"

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:15 pm

The crazy things we get up to.
A first date question: "how aware are you of your traumas and suppressed emotions, and tell me how you are actively working to heal them before you project that shit on me?"