Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Tonight LO and I made a breakthrough

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel. Or maybe life is never the same after limerence. Read how others have coped with limerence in the longer term. Please feel free to post your own accounts of journeying through limerence.
marko
United States of America

Re: Tonight LO and I made a breakthrough

Post by marko » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Now that some time has passed, how do you feel? I remember cycling through win/loss feelings. I'm not sure there is such a thing for me, I guess giving up which feels like a loss, is actually a win.

Townsend, I always knew that work drama as a sign I wasn't well. It's a better place not to have to stress over all that. The table I daily picked up the LO was so stressful as I wanted her to come with me to work out, but in the group of women it seemed impossible to vocalize. I stressed even more if she didn't walk with me or show up in a few minutes. At the end I was even panicking. I go there now so they dont get the connection, this morning a similar strange figure was there and even though I knew it wasn't her, every part of me bristled that it might be her. Oh sigh.

FreeBird

Re: Tonight LO and I made a breakthrough

Post by FreeBird » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:27 pm

Thanks, marko. Once the embarrassment and feeling dejected passed, I'm actually doing okay right now. Like others on here, I changed my focus back to my real life and stayed "present". It made all the difference. DH and I spent the weekend running the usual errands and just engaged with each other, catching up and making each other laugh. I forgot about LO. He wasn't part of our world.

I eased up on the self-criticism and reminded myself I had a human moment with LE and nothing catastrophic happened because of it. Also realized, I still have work to do on myself. I'm in the healing process.

townshend- my heart goes out to you as always. :ymhug: This LE has taken so much from you. I'm mad at it for you.