Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

A small epiphany

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel. Or maybe life is never the same after limerence. Read how others have coped with limerence in the longer term. Please feel free to post your own accounts of journeying through limerence.
Wyldgirl

A small epiphany

Post by Wyldgirl » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:39 pm

For those unfamiliar with my 8 year tale, I'm now well over my LO although I've been struggling with what to do with that vacuum left by the ebb of limerence. Recently I've taken up cooking healthier as a focus, and just this week I realized I am now thinking about things like kitchen gadgets and cooking methods the way I thought about LO. Okay, I'm not fantasizing about an immersion circulator gazing deeply into my eyes, but I'm falling asleep with recipes in my head and waking up thinking about what to defrost. It's not intrusive or destructive although it feels a bit like a new love. My family is of course thrilled to be subjected to the results. Plus I'm getting a lot of pride and joy out of improving a new skill and connecting with people who appreciate either talking cuisine or eating it. :) Can you be limerent for a hobby?

I always recognized that I'm mildly obsessive (no suprise there). Now I realize that my habits of thought are a set pattern I didn't even see. I've altered the focus of the thoughts but not the way I think. Interestingly, two people who know me described me in the past few days as one of the most curious people they've met. I've never thought about myself that way. However, I have repeatedly described my life experience as that of a constant quest for some elusive holy grail, the finding of which in theory would result in peace and happiness. Perhaps my limerence lesson is that for me, the happiness is in the quest itself, and LO was just one of the mirages i imagined to keep me on the path of adventure.

Taking it a step further, I do not have to change or grow up or give in to middle age - I can remain true to myself, as long as I stay aware of where endless curiosity can lead when it's taken too far. Maybe I should change my username to Wyldcat.

Anyway, hope this helps others somehow on their own journeys and thinking about how their own habits of thought (or heart) relate to their limerent experience.

LisaTranscending

Re: A small epiphany

Post by LisaTranscending » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:11 am

Wyldgirl wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:39 pm
Taking it a step further, I do not have to change or grow up or give in to middle age - I can remain true to myself, as long as I stay aware of where endless curiosity can lead when it's taken too far.
well wyldcat...i've gone vegan. yep. and the recipes also fill up my mind, since there's so much thought that goes into what I can do with vegetables and not have any meat/cheese to do the recipes in. and the possibilities are endless. and when I'm in a rush, you'd be amazed how many products are out in the market since so many people are going plant-based. funny about the quest but I'm also heavy duty into yoga now as well. it's like, I'm going to do all this new stuff for my body and see what happens with the mind. maybe we are a bit OCD by nature, or maybe all the time we were so OCD while limerent has some strange future effect on obsession with us. at least it's not for a specific person. that was a bit much. 8-}

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: A small epiphany

Post by JupiterTaco » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:35 am

Yeah you certainly can be limerent for a hobby. =))
"God grant me the serenity, to just remember who I am"-Games People Play by Joe South