Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

that post-LO glow. sigh.

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel. Or maybe life is never the same after limerence. Read how others have coped with limerence in the longer term. Please feel free to post your own accounts of journeying through limerence.
L-F
United States of America

Re: that post-LO glow. sigh.

Post by L-F » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:16 am

Spinnaker wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:49 pm
I have my down days too, don't get me wrong. I'm simply saying that the process of uncovering pain, learning to accept myself and appreciatewhat I do have in this life brings forth this richness I didn't experience to this extent prior to limerence and finding this forum.
Yes :) that's what limerence taught me too. And it's true. Its not possible (okay maybe it is for a guru or monk) to live everyday in the happiness bubble ;)) its those small moments of appreciation which flips the switch, those days where we decide "okay today is a good day because I have two legs" (while keeping in mind some people wake up in crippling pain). Or the days a great song comes on the radio while driving to work. Or seeing a hawk glide on the wind, or a top dresser going about their day. A cyclist struggling up a hill. I've just realised I've described a typical day driving to work.

All these things help me switch from bla to being aware of the beauty in our world. Which cements my own being and place within it.

Limerence taught me to slow down. That I'm not going to die without LO. And that I am in fact, loved (by God? By SO? Myself? It doesn't matter the source, it exists). And when I feel this, I have more to give.

Great thread Lisa.
A first date question: "how aware are you of your traumas and suppressed emotions, and tell me how you are actively working to heal them before you project that shit on me?"

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:06 am

Thank you, Lisa. Thank you very much. :ymhug: :) (*)

Maddie

Post by Maddie » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Wonderful thread! ❤❤❤
39, F
LO, 50 , M
Mental health is an ongoing commitment to reality at all costs-- (M Scott Peck)

DragonTamer

Post by DragonTamer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:44 pm

marko wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm
"She's not mine, but no other bowlers women moves me like that bowlers woman does".
OMG, I love this! I think I need to start writing country-sounding songs about my LO. :D